+ Reply to Thread

rfwarrior is on a distinguished road

disc priest - man it's hard.

recently picked up disc priest, and have to admit I'm struggling a bit. Got to just over 1800, but had a rough session last night.

I'm trying to analyse my gameplay and I've noticed that if i'm trying to do any sort of damage, I'm clicking the enemy popping a dot on them, maybe clicking another, then I maybe want to reshield my partner for atonement, then I want to do some damage to the enemy, and it's altogether too inefficient.

How do you deal with swapping between your partners, and the enemy efficiently?

I'm thinking it might be nice to have shield 1,2,3 macros - so I don't have to retarget if it's just to keep atonement up.
    I use mouse wheel to target partners and myself, but shift or ctrl mouse wheel feels clunky.

Any advice on binds for targetting enemies - maybe I can rework my mousewheel targetting of my arena partners to use the same binds for enemies?

(apologies for the title of this post, it was a different post entirely when i started)
    Last edited by rfwarrior; 07-04-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Platane is on a distinguished road
    Disc is hard now...

For all my healers, all the damage spells are the same maccro

/cast [target, arm][targettarget, arm] Spellname

You have to check there is no mistake in the sentance, but the principe is: if you click an ennemy, you dps the ennemy, if you click a mate, you dps the mate's target.
    So I just target the mate, heal or dps without changing target.
    Very efficient.

Platane - love this macro. Initially I thought it was too simple - but it's actually genius.

(there is a typo in the macro - I believe arm should be harm)

My most annoying scenario is targeting an enemy to do damage, targeting my partner to heal and shield, then retargeting the enemy to dps.
    Now I would not have to retarget - yet it still lets me have the flexibility of targeting things myself if i want to keep the offtarget from stealthing/ drinking.

Only one downside I can see is if my partner changes target to cc and I whack a dot on it as a result. But the upside of always hitting the target my partner is hitting more than makes up for that.

Plus - no rebinding/learning new binds.

may actually rework macros for all my healers now Thank you so much. can't wait to get home and set it up.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    I'd also recommend using the targetoftarget macro for your offensive spells as a disc. The only thing you'll then need to do is target enemies manually to spread your dot but that shouldn't be too bad to do with clicking if you've already been used to that.

i set it up last night - unfortunately my arena partner wasn't around for me to try it in real games,
    but I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Platane is on a distinguished road
    two more things:
    - your dps partner HAVE TO cc with arena 1 2 3 or focus maccro, as a healer, if you break the cc because your partner changed target to cc, it's his fault !!
    - for dots to multidots, I just use for all my characters something like
    /cast [target, harm][targettarget, harm][@mouseover] DOTname

So you can dot your ennemy, your partner target or spread with mouseover

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    For me personally i used tab target for enemies, and Q(party 1) - E(Party 2) - Shift+Q(target self) I find these binds really close to one another