+ Reply to Thread

Platane is on a distinguished road

What to do before season 3 ? Nazjatar ? Mecagone ?

Hi everyone !

I don't like farming, but I would have a decent gear to start season 3 (what is a decent gear to start ? 400 - 415 ilvl ????) and I'm asking what prioritize now ?
    I have the Mecagone's Trinket, does it worth to push forward in Mecagone ? Is the Nazjatar gear (upgrading 385 to 425) a good goal to spend time ? The new raid will be a mandatory thing to optimize in pvp ?

Thank you

def think grinding both are good since theres nothing else to do and it will def help you towards the next season. everyone will have idea's on what might be ideal for the new season, but willnt know till it drops on Tuesday and possible a week or 2 after the release of the new season/raid. I would recommend gritting your teeth together and hit the grind, that's what this game was built off of. THE GRIND!!!

WoWDontu is on a distinguished road
    Hi there,

Got flying a few days ago and have been grinding everyday. The mech trinket is good once you unlock revered and buy the red punchcard. Does ALOT of damage. If you want to be at 415ilvl, you're gonna have to farm manapearls and use them on upgrading your gear.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    400-415 item level sounds like a good place to be for the start of the new season. Remember that your weekly cap and mythic+ will be your main source of gear if you want to minimize your time spent farming gear. Beyond that, simply doing the new raid and farming mythic+ will be the easiest way to get your item level up.

As for what you should be doing now - the bare minimum is just to simply unlock essences and rank them up. We're working on a few essence spotlight guides at the moment for the most important essences so you'll know which ones you should be ranking up.

I'd suggest just doing your daily up keep of Nazjatar (make sure to level up your follower to unlock higher ranks of Memory of Lucid Dreams) and Mechagon to get your rep up and unlock essences.

thank you !
    Did you know if some of the things we do now (up reputation, go forward in Nazjatar story etc...) will unlock for alt/reroll too ?
    Doing so much farming for my main character, ok, because season 3 did nt start and have nothing to do, but for all my characters, no, impossible...

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    It's only character specific right now but they might make it more alt friendly in the future.

Find this:
    Current cost of benthic upgrade:

385 -> 400 20 manapearls
    400 -> 405 10 manapearls
    405 -> 410 15 manapearls
    410 -> 415 25 manapearls
    415 -> 420 40 manapearls
    420 -> 425 80 manapearls

So it takes a total of 190 Prismatic Manapearls to upgrade one piece of (non-Azerite) gear from 385 to 425.

For me it's really too much expensive for a casual player, so much pearl farming to have a 410-425 ilvl, not for me !!
    The reward a 4 expeditions ina zone every day is really really faster !