+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

WoWDontu is on a distinguished road

Alt decision time

I grinded out flying a couple days ago and have mained a druid so I can do every role in the game. Now I need an alt to play with friends. I usually just cap and gear every class, but I'm not going through that grind again more than twice.

What are some predictions of versatile CLASSES not spec, going into season 3?

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    As you're already playing the most versatile healer in a resto druid, I'll recommend DPS. Also, as you're more likely to play balance as opposed to feral when playing as a dps on your druid, I'll focus on recommending melee.

The best melee going into this patch are definitely going to be assassination rogues, windwalker monks, unholy death knights and arms warriors.

In terms of their versatility, I'd say all four are quite limited to just a handful of comps if you want to play a tier 1 comp.

You've got rmx for assa rogues; ww dk and ww mage for ww monks; tsg, dh dk and ww dk for unholy dks; tsg, ret war and thunder for arms warriors.

So I would probably pick a melee out of those 4 based on which type of comp you think you'd prefer playing and what sort of role you want to have.

Personally out of the four I picked up DK last season and found it really fun because it's pretty much impossible to die and you're left with the role of doing a ton of damage while helping to keep your team alive.

Assa rogues play quite offensive and are generally on the proactive team, trying to set up kills

Arms warriors generally play quite a passive game and exist to do a ton of damage while stopping the enemy team from every gaining momentum through defensive usage of things like war banner, disarm, intimidating shout etc.

WW Monks are somewhere in between assa rogues and arms warriors, needing to fill both roles at times and is probably the hardest of the four to master because of how easy it is to die if you don't play well (especially vs. high burst comps with paladins like RMPala)

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    As you're already playing the most versatile healer in a resto druid, I'll recommend DPS. Also, as you're more likely to play balance as opposed to feral when playing as a dps on your druid, I'll focus on recommending melee.

The best melee going into this patch are definitely going to be assassination rogues, windwalker monks, unholy death knights and arms warriors.

In terms of their versatility, I'd say all four are quite limited to just a handful of comps if you want to play a tier 1 comp.

You've got rmx for assa rogues; ww dk and ww mage for ww monks; tsg, dh dk and ww dk for unholy dks; tsg, ret war and thunder for arms warriors.

So I would probably pick a melee out of those 4 based on which type of comp you think you'd prefer playing and what sort of role you want to have.

Personally out of the four I picked up DK last season and found it really fun because it's pretty much impossible to die and you're left with the role of doing a ton of damage while helping to keep your team alive.

Assa rogues play quite offensive and are generally on the proactive team, trying to set up kills

Arms warriors generally play quite a passive game and exist to do a ton of damage while stopping the enemy team from every gaining momentum through defensive usage of things like war banner, disarm, intimidating shout etc.

WW Monks are somewhere in between assa rogues and arms warriors, needing to fill both roles at times and is probably the hardest of the four to master because of how easy it is to die if you don't play well (especially vs. high burst comps with paladins like RMPala)

Hope this helps!
    DK right now is good in 2s too, right?

But DK can restart?
    Last edited by noobsaibotex; 07-08-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Unholy DKs are really good in 2s. Not sure what you mean by restart?

WoWDontu is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the reply Mystic.

Unholy DKs are really good in 2s. Not sure what you mean by restart?
    Like rogue vanish, WW trans...skills for leave combat to recovery.

Assa Rogue can push rate with a destro?
    Last edited by noobsaibotex; 07-10-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Unholy DKs don't really need to reset a game because they're so durable so they can just stay in and keep attacking.

Assa can do well with destro in 3s but 2s will be harder to climb past a certain point when players are able to just survive your kill attempts with correct cd usage and win because you don't have a healer.

Hope this helps!
    And about casters?

For casters, just a pick a strong one with a playstyle you enjoy. The best casters at the moment are frost/fire mages, destruction warlocks and elemental shamans.

For casters, just a pick a strong one with a playstyle you enjoy. The best casters at the moment are frost/fire mages, destruction warlocks and elemental shamans.
    What is the difference between them?
    Which one has the fastest game? Slower game? More tank?
    More aggressive?
    Which allows more forgiving?
    Easier for who pug?
    Best for 2s and 3s? Best for 2s without healer?
    More viable comps?
    Last edited by noobsaibotex; 07-30-2019 at 01:27 PM.