+ Reply to Thread

Platane is on a distinguished road

Most agressive healer

Hi,
    I try to play "seriusly" my Rdrood with feral affinity and try to push, but I would play an another healer, for more fun, and I'm asking between Hpal and Disci who is the best for a permanent agressive playstyle.
    I play Disci a little (around 1k7-1k8 cr) but I was surprised to see really big damage with Hpal (I suppose 3 Judgement trait...).
    Disci had hard time in S2 (especially with the UH meta...) and Hpal was in good mood, it will be the same in S3 ??

Thank you !

PS: most of the time I play healer with random pick up, so I need a "versatile" healer, able to survive without too much mate's peel
    Last edited by Platane; 07-23-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Never had answer on this.
    And still asking

BUT ! I maybe do a new sentence for the question: wich healer CAN be really offensiv ?
    Because I noticed:
    - Rdruid you can't play Feral affinity often (only against caster... ?) and can be punished for this
    - Disci, in theory really offensiv, in fact, if a big melee is training you and you don't have a BIS gear you or brained rogue to peel, you don't dps so much and just try to survive
    - Monk with crane, DPS only during crane sacrifying a ton of mana
    - Hpal ??? is Hpal the real most offensiv healer ??

Thank you !

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Oh sorry! D:

Ok if you're wanting a healer that you can play easily with pugs. I'd go with hpala or MW. but i'm leaning towards MW. You can play as offensive as you want by just doing random damage even without crane and its VERY hard for melee's to punish you (which is what 2s is FILLED with atm)
    It's very easy for you to run away, easy for you to drink. Overall it looks like a good healer for your situation on paper!

Your points are all correct, but i'd disagree with the Rdruid one. With good gear as a resto druid you can pick your self up very easily, and even being 60%+ with hots you can consider your self fine to go and feral affinity it up.
    Atleast on my druid i play feral affinity 99.9% of all games, and it's still very hard for most melee's to punish me for it because i know after a certain stun or after their Cd's i can swiftmend and regrowth my self back to basically full health and go back to cat form and keep doing damage.

Holy paladin on the other hand is a good pick too. Many cd's to survive, you can go full ham during wings and holy avenger and do a LOT of damage, however using these cd's like this and if they dont die, you'll end up costing the game. So holy paladin is more of a patient healer an finding the right opportunity to do damage with your Cd's.

Right now disc does the most damage out of ANY healer. It's as you said, you need the right gear however. Disc is one of the most gear dependant healers right now, and even then you will feel like you'll get rolled over by Melee's. My tip for you whilst playing disc is get a supportive DPS. Like a WW monk or a Ret paladin with a lot of peels and offhealing to not let you die to said melee's. I find it way more fun to play with these classes atleast.
    Also with disc you should not be relying on attonement to heal you, you need to do damage during stuns or atleast find a good moment where no one can stop your schism + dark damage; ie they have no kick or no stun etc!

Overall. I'd say in terms of an offensive healer that doesnt rely you playing with supportive classes goes like this:

Mw / Hpal > Rdruid > Disc > Rsham

Hope i could help!

Edit: you didnt mention Rsham, but you CAN play offensive as rsham but you need ghost wolf traits to not die to melee's, it's in a weird spot atm

Thank you Zenzy, great answer as always

What you consider "good gear" actually ? 435 ? 440 ?
    Because with my 425 Disci or my 430 Rdrood, when I try do damage, the melee till eating me with a smile, I do them nothing and they crush me...

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    I'd say starting with around 435 is a good idea. However starting at 430 (WITH GOOD STATS) Is also nice too.

I dont think anyone knows exactly how the scaling works in arena right now, but we know that having bis stats on every piece is very ideal, and having gem sockets on as many pieces as possible is good too.

425 as disc will feel horrible. I hate playing my discs before they reach 440 or 435+ with good stats. otherwise it feels literally unplayable :X

Just get on that m+ and raid farm and hope for the best is my advice!