+ Reply to Thread

mobiusnm

Disc essences

What essences are people running for disc?

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    It depends on matchup, and situation? Do you want 2's essences? 3's essences?

I find that in 3's i use conflict and strife more and more just because it gives me more freedom of which honor talents i can use, without worrying about not having premonition, and as minor i find that a healing essence such as the eonar essence, is quite good as a minor it does around 10-18% of my healing.
    Also knowing when to use memory of lucid dreams is something you might have to know too since some games you can heal with only atonement and not go oom, but others you might have to use shadowmend more and more, meaning having some sort of mana regen active will help you a lot.

HOWEVER in 2's i find that having more offensive traits is better just because of how the dynamic of 2's works with discs, You can try to do this in 3's too but i feel that you don't really need to be THAT offensive in comparison to 2's to 3s as priest. (Putting out some damage here and there on your CC goes is fine. But in 2's you pump damage all game non stop and in 3's you simply cant do that)
    Back to the point. 2's i use concentrated flame, this is a huge amount of raw damage, i also like to use the eonar essence in minor too, or if i don't, i'll use memory of lucid dreams or conflict as minor, just for the versatility and mana

mobiusnm
    Thanks, Im starting this patch behind the game and was trying to decide what to go for. I haven’t seen anything that seemed overwhelmingly healer oriented other than crucible or mana regen.

Ill mainly run rbgs and 2s. While prem was nerfed it still feels mandatory for rbgs.

The mana regen essence seems nice but the cooldown seemed to put it behind.

Sounds like Im on the right track, thanks again!
    Last edited by mobiusnm; 08-05-2019 at 04:12 PM.