+ Reply to Thread

Xenn is on a distinguished road

Rogue 3v3 any new flavours?

Hi, I'm here for quite some time and you guys helped me to play around 2k CR atm. I have few friends that started playing WoW and wanted to know what are good comps with my class atm.

I KNOW RMX is good, but I'm looking for something new. Few comps as Rogue/caster and few as Rogue/melee. As I said, doesnt have to be OP, just something viable until about 2.2k.

Cheers!

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Some notable comps:

RLD/P (Assa + Destro + Resto Druid/Holy Paladin)
    RPD/S (Assa + SP + Resto Druid/Resto Shaman)
    Thugcleave (Assa + Survival Hunter + Disc Priest)

You can probably play most of those comps with different healers too.

Xenn is on a distinguished road
    Cheers man, is there any other melee other than Hunter that rogue could be decent with? Like Pala, DK, War?

Frost DK + Assa is good at killing healers. You can also play with a ret paladin if you go sub.

dropLeT is on a distinguished road
    I'm playing with my 2 IRL friends atm, in a RLD composition. Right now, my lock friend is about to lose his mind and quit playing with us, because he doesnt think it works. I'm positive that it could work, but I don't know how to explain it to him. If you don't mind, could you go over the basics of the goals for this composition for me?

RLD is sort of like a dampening comp. The rogue has lock down on one target while the destruction warlock tries to get off as much damage as he can. Healer swaps are not really necessary as your druid can push in for cc on the healer while you set up a kidney shot along with chaos bolts on a dps.

You should do really well into double casters but struggle a little against melee cleaves while you're still in experienced. It all comes down to the destruction warlocks ability to deal as much damage as he can whenever your rogue uses kidney shot - and again it should be quite chill for your druid to run at healers and put them into a bash + cyclone whenever your rogue stuns a dps.

RLD does a ton of damage so keep an eye on healer mana bars and determine whether or not you should just play more passive and have your druid sit back because if you're winning on mana there's no need to play super aggressive.