+ Reply to Thread

Zhell is on a distinguished road

Viable double DPS High Rated

Hello, which double DPS compositions are viable at high rated 2's?
    NOTE: Rogue Mage is not something that interests me.

Platane is on a distinguished road
    I don't know about high rated, but Ret + X have good games because of the sustain of the Ret. Ret mage was working good some extensions.
    Have seen an SP + Elemental, with the SP doing a lot of peel, heal etc...

I would really like to know about compositions at 2k+. We already run Ret+Survival and Ret+Lock but cant get more than 1.8K.
    is being very difficult to deal with mobile healers

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    You didn't specify what class you played, however you mentioned rogue mage so i assume you're one of those classes?

If you're the rogue here's your options:

Sub/Sv hunter
    Sub/SP

Unfortunately they're the only comps at the minute that can get to high ratings

If you're the mage here's your options:

Frost/SP
    Fire/SP
    Fire/Ret

Again. There's not many comps as mage you can play at higher ratings without playing with a healer.

~~~~~~~~

If you were just looking for general advice on which comps are good at higher ratings and didn't want specific comps for your class.
    There's not many, but i'll list the ones that i see quite often at the higher ratings:

Ele/destro
    Destro/SP
    Ele/Feral
    Feral/ret
    Ret/rogue

I've faced all of these comps this season at 2400+ in 2's. Most of which is very gear dependant. Hope i could help!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenzy View Post
    You didn't specify what class you played, however you mentioned rogue mage so i assume you're one of those classes?

If you're the rogue here's your options:

Sub/Sv hunter
    Sub/SP

Unfortunately they're the only comps at the minute that can get to high ratings

If you're the mage here's your options:

Frost/SP
    Fire/SP
    Fire/Ret

Again. There's not many comps as mage you can play at higher ratings without playing with a healer.

~~~~~~~~

If you were just looking for general advice on which comps are good at higher ratings and didn't want specific comps for your class.
    There's not many, but i'll list the ones that i see quite often at the higher ratings:

Ele/destro
    Destro/SP
    Ele/Feral
    Feral/ret
    Ret/rogue

I've faced all of these comps this season at 2400+ in 2's. Most of which is very gear dependant. Hope i could help!
    Hello Zenzy, I have no words to thank for this help. You have taken all my doubts beyond expectations. We decided to go Survival+Sub. Cheers!

Nicqi is on a distinguished road
    Hi Zenzy,

Sorry to reply to an old thread and i know the top message was stating he didn't want to play rogue mage, but is rogue mage still a viable option?

Thanks,

Nick

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Heya, sorry for the slow reply.

Short answer, Yes most definitely.

Every variation of rogue mage is viable, maybe except for arcane/outlaw because outlaw is an underperforming spec at the minute and sub/assa just are better options in this comp by a lot!