+ Reply to Thread

Solf is on a distinguished road

Post DestroWarlock 2s basic stuff

Hello Skill-Capped,

Playing 2s 4fun as destro, seems pretty ez comparing to other classes. Which healer in ur opinion fits best for 2s ?

Tried with druid - adored, he's making theese Windows for freecasts or takes pressure at himself (when positioned badly, on purpose) and ofc insane DMG. Just OP, but druid seems dead (offline) for few weeks...

Got an option to play with HPala, i suppose playstyle will be around his CD's and his position - behind me, mostly (comparing to druid). First idea of kill setup, fear into dps to force dispell, trinket - HoJ and bolts into that target to force CD's. Can u give me some advices ?

CR 1900, Exp as a caster (before warlock 2166), Overall Exp 2471 (as a DK)

Ty in advance
    Last edited by Solf; 09-29-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Heya!

Put in simple terms, Rdruid + Destro is the more offensive comp, and holy pala + destro is the more passive comp.
    Both can swap roles to become more aggressive and passive, but this is how i usually see it on ladder!

Rdruid can get away with a lot more just because of how much mobility it has and how much healing throughput it has. It has way more on demand damage than paladin has.

Hpala has a lot of damage during wings and yes you've mentioned the Hoj Setups, however you'll be lacking a bit of control without vortexes / The occassional roots / and druids stuns (Rake stun and bash) -

Tips for both:

Your druid should consistently be going for re-stealths to stun the target you're on so you can get a free chaos bolt and such, just being an overall nuisance for the enemy team to deal with, as if they want to stop his re-stealths they have to run away from you and you're easily able to free cast a lot of damage.

Hpal, Your holy paladin should just stand back and be efficient with his mana, as this comp your positoning is a lot more important than anything else i feel like. Your holy paladin should always be running too you instead of away, what a lot of teams like this do is the warlock stands in the middle and the holy paladin stands quite far away from him so they cant disrupt both of you easily.

----
    General tips:

Use your infernals and Cd's really early into the game as you'll create a lot of pressure instantly and you'll get it back a lot faster too.
    When it comes to dampening games you should be doing damage to anything you can touch of course you'll probably already know this but worth mentioning, dont tunnel vision too much as a warlock!

I missed the part of your druid being offline for many weeks, if possible even try to play with any LFG druid, Warlock/resto druid is one of the most friendly comps in the game, you can get away with a lot of mistakes and still be able to win!

hope i could help a bit

Solf is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for ur feedback,

Got 2050 atm with HPala. We've played as u mentioned. But i feel like he's weaker in terms of reaction, arena vision etc... so got to find somebody else to progress. I also try to force some def CD's from a melee trains by using FOCUS chaos Bolts while having melee in my target. Works perfectly for warriors and DK's (if they dont have kick) it's often reflect or ams for free : ) and my chaos bolt lands at their Partner.

BTW can i play with succubus ? (with hpala)

ty again for advices !

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    I didnt see this! Sorry! D:

There's a few warlocks who play succubus mainly for the slow, they range from 2400 warlocks to 2800+ warlocks. It all depends on what comp you face. Having a slow as a warlock adds a lot, more than you can imagine actually.

Just slowing down the momentum of the enemy team as well as being able to cast more chaos bolts more easily and get more damage off because they're not easily able to run away from you.
    Comps i suggest you try succubus vs. Rogue/priest - Ret/x - Past this my knowledge on which comps you should play succubus into is limited. If you practice it and mess around with which comps its better against you'll get the hang of it pretty easily.