+ Reply to Thread

Xenn is on a distinguished road

How to position as a Caster playing with Melee

Hi! I recently picked up my mage and after playing melee for so long I struggle with positioning.

I usually play with a melee such as: DK, Monk and Rogue.

Any tips or videos that could help me with position myself better? When to run, how to run, what to avoid, etc.

Thanks!

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    We've got a video specifically on positioning that should help: http://www.skill-capped.com/watch/12...on-as-a-caster

Xenn is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Mystic, that video did help a lot. However, it focuses on playing as double caster. Could you just briefly elaborate how my positioning would change when playing with a melee.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    The main change when playing with a melee is how you alternate between pushing in to land crowd control on healers and pulling back to play with your healer. Most double caster comps tend to win by just surviving and sitting back whereas melee caster usually wants to try and play to win, unless it's a matchup that you can win in dampening, for example rogue mage vs. destro locks. Either way, you'll basically be swapping between playing "offensive" with your melee and playing "defensive" with your healer, depending on what's required to win the matchup you're playing.