+ Reply to Thread

Sander is on a distinguished road

Question Trinkets in 2s

I play WW and my healer is playing hpala.
    i have some question regarding trinkets in 2s. we recently hit 2k rating (hurray), and one of the main things i see changed from lower ratings is how healers deal with Maledict.. before i could use my maledict and it would easily force a defensive, but as of now they quickly cleanse it and its pretty much useless if my healer does not play with maledict aswell..
    grinding through the lower ratings we use to run maledict and my healer would play with chronicle blast.
    this was very effective when healers didnt always know how to deal with maledict.

so my question now is it even worth for me (ww) to play with maledict if my healer does not also play with it? i feel like it has lost it value now that it instantly get cleansed.

we have also thought about running double chronicle blast against hpalas.. they seem to think they are safe when they BOP against a ww as i only have melee damage. i mean this could in theory work if we blast them both at the same time and my healer has judgement and whatnot to throw at the enemy healer.

last question.. whenever i go on to the ladder to look up high rated windwalkers, i often see them use the trinket that gives you more health.. personally i only use this when facing double dps such as rogue/mage and maledict wont help much against them.. what are your thoughts on this health trinket? should it be used pretty much always combined with a on-use main stat or versa trinket?

didnt mean for this post to be this long, thanks for reading through if you did.

-sander

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Heya!

I'll keep it short, since i dont want you to read a Bible!

Maledict is only good if both of you have it, so even if they Insta dispel yours, your healer can do it again and he wont have a way to dispel it without using a major CD. for example Diffuse Magic, Revival, Mass dispel etc.

Cyclotronic-blast is what i think you mean, the damage trinket from mechagon island. This can be decent into comps with not many stops. Since you're devoting a whole trinket slot for this extra damage with a cooldown and a cast time, and if they have many ways of stopping it its not worth trying to get it off. Example: DH / Monk / Rogue etc

The reason why you see higher rated monks using Health trinkets in 2's is because of the way these trinkets interact with touch of death.
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=115080/touch-of-death

It does 35% of your HP, and if you have more hp, it does more damage. Put simply. Also your Reverse harm does a LOT more too since its 8% of your maximum health in damage. That's the reason they use it!

Hope i could help!

Sander is on a distinguished road
    thank you for your reply, Zenzy.

i meant cyclotronic-blast, yes.. sorry about that

it was definetely helpful. The question now is when should we run double Maledict, and when should we run HP trinket and Cyclotronic-blast?
    against resto druids its obviously going to be a big deal to run double maledict as it forces them out of bear form to heal, but what about the others?
    are there any golden rules to follow?

also, i was playing around with bursting with and without the hp trinket in duels, and i cannot say it was too big of a difference. i dont know if damage and healing in duels is exactly the same as in arenas tho.. in previous expansions it could not be compared.

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Heya!

Really sorry for the slow reply :X -

Running double maledict into any sort of healer is overall good. it forces 1 global on dispel. and then they panic a lot because a second one is coming in and you'll end up forcing more cd's than you usually would of if you didnt have these two maledicts.

As i said before! Touch of death is based on your maximum HP, the same goes for Reverse Harm. No other abilities are affected like this. You'll see much bigger touch of deaths with Emblem and fortifying brew up.

You should ideally go HP trinket most of the time, not many people play cyclotronic blast anymore as its too big of a risk of not having an entire trinket slot for this one time use that can be stopped and avoided D:

Hope i could help even though it was a really late reply!