+ Reply to Thread

Realeriaz is on a distinguished road

Position and movement

Hey guys, I hope you can help me.

I am really new to arena this season and was happy to reach 1900 mmr and 1850 cr on assa rogue.

But I want to improve more and i often see streams of high-end-players and I am curious about:

What is the right time to line? Like: I play rogue/disc or rogue/paly. I am up against Shadow/x or destro/x. Is there a right time to line them?

My thinking is mostly like: If I line now, they will get topped and I will have maybe problems to get them down again.

So any advice would be really really nice and helpul

rfwarrior is on a distinguished road
    Situations where you should consider lining:

1. When your healer is in CC. If you aren't close to scoring a kill and your healer is in CC and it's highly likely they are going in to more CC it's really beneficial to them if you avoid damage entirely. You could just cloak and stay in there but really you want to save cloak for when you really need it.

2. To avoid being CCed. This is easier to do when you are near a pillar and it's a casted CC, but say you are hitting a resto druid near a pillar, he starts to cast clone, you just run round the nearest corner to break the cast then go back in. You actually keep pressure on as they are trying to CC you rather than heal.

3. When an enemy pops big cooldowns. This is especially important against warlocks. If they pop infernals, you should just run away to the nearest pillar and wait for the cooldown to pass. Also do this on their Dark soul (sometimes they pop both together, sometimes individually - it's worth running on both). You might think you can get away with staying in and stopping their casts, but chances are they will get one or two off and that could be game over.

Sometimes you could trade another cooldown to stay offensive - but lining can mean you have cooldowns to use later on (and it also helps your healers mana bar by them not having to spend mana to heal through big damage).

As games progress, dampening kicks in, your healing debuff will take it's toll and your goes will become more dangreous, so getting them low again won't be an issue.

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Everything Rfwarrior has said is completely true. I'm quite amazed actually!

The only thing i'd add really is a caviat you personally being a rogue, if you really want to annoy your enemies, outside of every kidney shot you can run away if you're close to a pillar that is, dont make the effort to cross the map.
    This is something some rogues do because what you're essentially doing is preventing the enemy from doing anything outside of your kidney shot while they are still taking damage and they arent doing anything to you.
    Example:
    You're facing another rogue/priest, the enemy rogue decides to go you, in return you decide to go him aswell, after each kidney shot you simply run away from him while your priest continues to do damage to him, this will get you an INSANE amount of pressure whereas if you stayed and did more damage outside of it you'd probably get kidney shotted your self and the pressure turned around!
    I hope i didnt make my point too confusing!

Again, everything Rfwarrior said is perfect you shuld follow his advice too!

rfwarrior is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzy View Post
    Again, everything Rfwarrior said is perfect you shuld follow his advice too!
    @Zenzy I think I'm going to get this framed High praise from the Zenmeister himself.

Saw the mighty Lordzen in boralus harbour yestereday always get a kick when I see one of my favourite streamers characters out and about. (Sad I know )

Realeriaz is on a distinguished road
    Thank you both for your reply

I understand it now a bit better - my fear to lose damage is then answered. When I played with a disc it was very rare that he did real dmg. So I just need to learn the new playstyle I will give it a shot and practice it and then it gets way more important to hold bleeds up and use poisoned knife while running to let the damage roll. Ok this will probably will make a real big difference

thanks both of you