+ Reply to Thread

Eeshen is on a distinguished road

How do you handle getting pounded as melee (Resto)

I just started 2s and I get destroyed by most melee. What are good talents to use and any tips to survive?

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Heya!

One of the biggest things about resto shaman is to pick the ghost wolf orientated talents such as spirit wolf, spectral recovery (Pvp talent) and trying to stack the trait pack spirit.
    With all of this being in ghost wolf makes you nearly immortal. There's a few "funny" clips of people 'abusing' this combination to completely afk in ghost wolf while the enemy team pops CD's on them.

The combination of these abilities add up to a HUGE amount of self healing through ghost wolf and additionally damage reduction and movement speed increase.

I tell you all of this because this is how you avoid getting destroyed by melees as resto shaman, you simply go into ghost wolf and run away from them letting your talents + essences do the work for you!
    Of course using instant spells such as unleash life and riptide also healing tide totem to help increase the chances that you live.

There's no reason other way to survive melee's in 2's atm, this is how all the higher rated shamans do it!

Note: You kite them using earthbind totem to slow them then go into ghost wolf for the increased movement speed so they simply cannot touch you!

If there's anything else you'd like to know please tell me

Thanks Zenzy, what talents do you suggest I also take?

Also, what about mage/rogue? Any tips/talent usage?

Heya!

https://i.imgur.com/JD4RnFh.png Are the talents you'll want most of the time, of course swapping the pvp talent grounding totem out for when it's not needed, against melees for example. Warriors etc.

The same applies for rogue/mage about what i said about ghost wolf except for the fact you should assist your partner to kill them with using flameshocks to keep the rogue in combat when you can; purging the mage shield to make it A LOT easier.
    Talent usage? Pretty much exactly the talents i linked above! Except for maybe earthgrab totem to provide your mate with an instant root so he's able to connect a lot easier

Thanks Zenzy !

Is counterstrike totem worth taking versus two melees in twos? I thought I remember it being nerfed but I forget in what way.

Counterstrike totem can be good at the lower ratings where people dont kill it, however other pvp talents are also more important than counterstrike the ones i've shown above in the previous reply, meaning there's no real situation where its good unfortunately!