+ Reply to Thread

knakk is on a distinguished road

Destro // Resto Questions

Hey guys! Just a few questions Iíve had while running this comp in 2ís with a high geared/low experienced resto Druid (in arenas).

Should he be running clone since fear and clone share the same DR? Seems like we just over CC when itís not necessary and everything ends up on DR.

Wtf should I be doing when getting pillared?! For instance, faced a mage / BM hunter yesterday and the entire match they hugged a pillar in and out of LOS. I suppose I should run to the other side and bring them out into the center?!

Lockouts, stuns, CC in general. This is crazy frustrating as a lock. I try to bait kicks but I feel like Iím forever getting locked down, even while my Druid is getting CCd.

Overall we need more communication but I figured those are some general questions I could ask to get a bit more insight. We just hit 1600...stupid low but I want to nip the problems in the ass now rather than later.

In world PVP he wrecks house as feral affinity resto and in arenas it seems heís drastically more defensive. I had a holy pally do 1mil damage yesterday to us. Woof.

Thanks everyone! Merry Christmas.

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Heya!!

Ok i'll answer them in order!

1) Generally no, your druid shouldn't be running cyclone for this very reason just because they DR and it's not worth his time.

2) Using things like cataclysm, rain of fire, even shadowfury to stun them behind the pillar. This is what i see a lot of destro locks doing when im trying to run away behind the pillar against them. and these spells surprisingly do a lot of damage to me. Once you cannot cataclysm or rain of fire anymore. at which point you can either pull back and wait for them to come to you or either push in, havoc one of them and double mortal coil them so they both come away from the pillar so you can freely attack them.

3) Put simply if it feels like they're always kicking and stopping every spell, it means you're not casting enough or not casting the correct schools. Keep in mind fear and chaos bolt are on different schools of magic, meaning if one is kicked the other can be casted. This is what the best warlocks do, No one wants to get feared right? So they tend to kick this first. If they kick this you cast chaos bolt and vice versa you cast chaos bolt they kick you, you instantly cast fear

4) If you're looking for more communication, something that helped me personally get better at this in arena, is quite literally say everything i see going on in the arena. and i mean everything. Eventually you'll pick up on things people will do and you'll start to expect people to do certain things. Like you'll notice a priest is running towards your healer, and your first thought is " The priest is running at you. He wants to fear you watch out! I'll fear him for you, keep running" Things like this!
    That's my advice on communication

5) If he's not comfortable using feral affinity in arena you guys might find it more difficult to win some teams as you really want the extra damage from feral affinity in this comp to end the game as fast as you can. Just try to give him some confidence to play it in some games like versus a warrior team or a ret paladin team. Don't make him play it into an assa/disc as that's kinda suicide without knowing what you're doing!

Hope i could give you the insight you wanted. If you need more info please don't hesitate to ask

Platane is on a distinguished road
    In bear form, the wild charge root, it can help you for casting.

Untill you ll be better, I highly recommand your drood to take Cyclone: we re not high ranked players like Zenzy: as rdrood I played with a lock who said to me every Game "no clone". Yeah... But how many times the dps trained me and I should clone and bye bye and my lock did nt fear and I was in trouble...
    So your drood take the clone untill you are really good

knakk is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the reply, guys!

I’ve always played affliction lock in arenas so I have no problem taking control of the CC. I’d rather him focus on healing / DPS instead of trying to communicate clone/fear DR.

Everything you said makes sense. I’m ALWAYS focused in 2’s and it’s starting to drive me a bit crazy �� played 5 games yesterday, lost 3. Silenced, pillared, stunned, CC’d every game. I miss affliction haha