+ Reply to Thread

oneblood is on a distinguished road

Is affliction that bad?

Hey, I am an old affliction warlock player 290 days played on my main lock. I want to do arenas and some pve with my lock again. But it seems like noone playing affliction these days

Is it worth to come back and play affliction?

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Heya!

I've seen some affliction warlocks now and again, however they were ALL around 2500 or so. (2v2) Also all playing with a resto shaman. Affliction is just hugely outperformed by destruction.

Given that with some good gear you could try and make affliction work for sure! You just need to be vastly overgeared for it to come close to what destro is

oneblood is on a distinguished road
    Thx for your reply Drain life trait is the only choise for win condition again?

Is demo better then affliction in current state? Or is there any good demo locks around?
    Last edited by oneblood; 01-06-2020 at 08:13 PM.

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Hi again,

There's definitely more demo locks in 2's than affliction. There's 0 in 3s however, that goes for both affliction and demo.

And from what i remember none of the affliction locks in 2's used the drain life talent. This was good in season 1 as you're probably referring to those times when it used to one shot people!

I would probably say demo IS better than affliction just since it's more played than demo, and there's a reason for that right?! I'm sorry to crush your affliction dreams

knakk is on a distinguished road
    Pretty wild though because if you look at top PVE players about 95% of them have switched to affliction from destruction...so maybe in the near future you’ll get your spotlight again? Wishful thinking. -another affliction lock main