+ Reply to Thread

Dajomi is on a distinguished road

How Alt-friendly is 8.3?

Question basically in the Title. I would like to know how alt-friendly you think the next patch 8.3 is going to be, as it pretty much determines whether i am going to play or not. I heard that missing out on cloak upgrades in the visions is very unforgiving since you will be permanently behind according to the Method Visions Guide on Youtube. My concern however is not about PVE, its rather about how important the cloak (and upgrades) and the corrupted gear/stats/stuff is going to be for my arena experience. I would be very thankful for any insight of those who tested the PTR or have more information than i do.

Thanks

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    With new patches comes higher gear, and with this legendary cloak being increased in item level and stats the more visions you do and how efficient you do them means a lot for your characters power. However I'd like to think it's similar to neck at the start of the expac. It's just about farming and how much time you wanna put into it.

Personally i don't know how much the new corrupted stat and all the new added things in 8.3 will affect the pvp scene (hopefully not as much as we think, but we never know)

From my testing on the PTR I know if you dont do your first few visions EFFICIENTLY 'asf' and emphasis on the 'asf' you could put your self a few weeks behind of the people who do so, so i think to stay on the curve. Just look into the best ways to do this. then do it on your alts too. each vision takes 20-30 mins give or take, so doing this on many alts would take a few hours.

However, all of this being said. Yes the legendary cloak is VERY important, people who get this high early will have a huge advantage on people who didnt. so it's a balance of both (on your question) It's alt friendly because it doesnt take long, it just depends how many alts you want to have!

Note i say very important and the advantage, because there's certain corruptions with stat increases and CDR (Cooldown reduction effects) so having more corruption resistance will allow you to use more of these things.

Dajomi is on a distinguished road
    Do you maybe know if the corruption effects work in Arena? This would probably be the greatest concern for me. I dont mind having a bit less itemlvl/stats than my opponents by having a lowerlvl neck/cloak.

It does work in arena yes

It's a problem...im leveling my lock in horde and ally...after reach 120, need ilvl, neck, essences...this season looks like main only.

Platane is on a distinguished road
    till in the introducing quest for the legendary cloak with my main, it's disgustingly long, and so much portal to take...
    Seems to be totally not alt friendly. Maybe a good news for my IRL !

I'd agree with you usually, however after getting the legendary cloak. it's totally acceptable to simply do the mini assults and weekly assults and do some dailies now and again for some rep and you'll be completely fine.

Aslong as you're doing the content for the corrupted pieces of gear it'll be fine as those impact game play the most!