+ Reply to Thread

Gosleik is on a distinguished road

When to opt-in/out of 'Raise of Abomination' for Arenas

Hello,

After watching some up-to-date videos and reading forum posts regarding DK, I've taken notice that the PVP talent, Raise Abomination, is a much-used PVP-talent. However, I've gathered that its not a default pick, but I have yet to come across detailed information on when we should replace it with other talents. This is what Im hoping to get some answers on in this thread.

- Against what comps (2s & 3s) should we consider swapping out Raise Abomination?
    - Why do we want to swap it out? Is it because it performs poorly against said comp, or are there
    other talents that are so vital that Abom is deemed the least important?
    - Anything else you want to add?

I'm new on DK and recently got interested in PVP after a very long break.

Looking forward to reading your response. Keep up the good work

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Heya! Apologies for the late reply!

in 2's, almost never. simply because its too huge of a CD to pass up on. The only exception where abom might not be good is versus double dps where you need another talent, like if you want to play lichbourne or anti magic zone etc. Other than that, it's never worth to swap out in 2's.

It's the same in 3's. Most DK teams i've faced all have abom.

You can control a lot of the game with abom, using your grip / chains of ice / stun / pet stun, to keep them in range of the abom so you can get more value out of it, as each abom auto hit is usually somewhere between 10-20k which is huge!

Since you said you're new to DK. These are the talents you want (With crucible of flame as major essence) https://i.imgur.com/KvzADms.png -
    These will provide you with the MOST damage!

I wished there was more to add than this, but unfortunately there's not!
    Hope i could still help

Gosleik is on a distinguished road
    Ok, thank you very much. Great response!