+ Reply to Thread

Shurmin is on a distinguished road

Leviathans lure vs shiver venom ilvl

Hey guys. I have a Leviathans lure 450ilvl with Socket, and a shiver venom relic 430 with no socket.

What trinket is better to play with?

I feel like the Leviathans Lure 450ilvl with socket might be better even with the nerfed damage, but im not really sure if shiver venom is just THAT GOOD that i should wear it even with reduced int/socket?

I also have a waycrest trinket 425 and a maledict 425.

I'm disc, by the way.
    Last edited by Shurmin; 01-12-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    I've tried leviathans and its only good vs cloth wearers, specifically mages since warlocks most of the time have around the same armour as a mail wearing char with demon armour (because leviathans scales with armour since it's physical damage)

So yes shiver venom is WAY better than the other ones. I use a 430 version on my alt disc priest and it's still been 2850 cr in 2's. So having a 430 shiver venom is completely fine.

a 440 waycrest trinket does around the same damage as a 430 shiver venom, so again it gets outweighed by it!

I see. What ilvl was your leviathan?
    The reason im asking is that my leviathan actually hits hpaladins and warriors for 20k and crits for almost 30. Thats without factoring in schism and dark archangel. Does a 430 shiver really do more than that? Since leviathan proc chance is pretty good

Nevermind, i mustve had schism up.
    Its hitting between 13-15k without schism, and the proc chance is quite random. Against mages and rogues and other squishies ill use it, as it can really hit them hard and do some serious procs, but vs plate wearers and the like youre right, shiver venom is just way better.

I also didnt realise the strength of popping a 5 stack shiver venom on schism with concentrated flame. I've oneshot several warriors and the like today trying to perfect my use of shiver.

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    I'm glad to hear! haha reply to here again if there's any other worries you might have