+ Reply to Thread

Jurassic is on a distinguished road

Targeting Help

I am new to the forums and was looking for help with different ways to use the targeting interface. In the keybinding guide, they mentioned a guide on targeting and I can't find it. Is the video still available?

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    We didn't get around to creating an updated targeting guide but it's as simple as having binds to swap focus 1/2/3 and target 1/2/3. It's not as important to have target 1/2/3 binds as a melee but as a caster it's recommended. There are many different variations of doing this but the most common ones are:

asd, zxc, 123, f1f2f3, mouse wheel up/down/click. People will then throw in a modifier to alternate between those binds changing their focus or target.

At the end of the day, there's no right or wrong way to do this. It's just whatever works for you, providing you're able to quickly change target/focus while also using abilities. Essentially you don't want your change of target to slow down your ability usage every global.

Jurassic is on a distinguished road
    I am trying a survival hunter because I am a glutton for punishment. I use mouseover macros for the traps, picking three keys and then using a modifier to switch is probably the way to go. Thank you.

If you're playing a melee you won't need to worry too much about using targeting macros as tab targeting is quite reliable.

WoWDontu is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    If you're playing a melee you won't need to worry too much about using targeting macros as tab targeting is quite reliable.
    One thing I would add if you prefer tab targeting, is to set your tab to target nearest enemy player, instead of just enemy. Otherwise you will be tabbing around for an hour on DK pets.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWDontu View Post
    One thing I would add if you prefer tab targeting, is to set your tab to target nearest enemy player, instead of just enemy. Otherwise you will be tabbing around for an hour on DK pets.
    Yep, I highly recommend doing this.

Hi, Can you please show how this can be done using binds? thank you