+ Reply to Thread

Nourdeen is on a distinguished road

How to live vs rmpala

I play fire ele druid and I dont know how am I supposed to play but i lose 90% games to rmpala. I chose to run battlemaster trinket + insignia for extra versa and i use a gearset with low corruption and versatiles, i have around 45% versa with 10 corruption on arena, if i go more i just die in a spite after i trinket blind. (I also tried running spirit wolf DR talent but instead of earth shield but it just gets cleptoed anyway). So when they cannot spite me they always kill me same way - Rogue blind my druid if he trinket they just wait for 20 sec and pally bubbles, hojes druid into blind and rogue cloaks to land a sap, we tried trinketing a sap also didnt work, but the amount of instant cc they have I just can't live that and put enough pressure out and punish them for such use of cloak and bubble, i just die. Shall i stand 40 yd from my druid or it won't help, most of the games i couldn't? any other advices, would appriciate

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    I'm assuming you play the elemental shaman? You've got the gearing choices right so now you just need to fine tune your strategy. Trying to abuse spirit wolf to survive won't help, it's going to come down to your teams cooldown rotation.

First, your druid needs to trinket the blind in order to keep you alive because the amount of follow up cc means you'll probably die anyway if they try to sit.

So, if your druid is trinketing blind, that means you shouldn't need to use your own trinket or wall and your druid should be able to keep you alive on their own.

Now, on the follow up attempt where your druid is getting hoj > blind > sap while you're being attacked, you've got wall + bm trinket to survive. So, what you can try to do is play as far away as possible from your druid. This will make it impossible for the rogue to kidney you and do damage while also easily getting the sap on your druid. This way you can survive on your own with your trinket and wall (if needed) and your druid can come out of the blind and keep you alive. You'll also need to make sure you're saving your grounding totem and wind shear to prevent the mage from getting follow up cc on your druid out of the hoj > blind.

As for the offensive pressure, one of the best things you can do is try to pressure the enemy teams healer. Whenever your team stabilizes after a kill attempt from the rmpala (or even during it), if you can get stuns on the enemy paladin (bash/your earth elemental) it's possible to force a ton of cooldowns from the paladin. At the same time if you can land hexes on the mage it'll also help reduce their pressure while you're trying to pressure their holy paladin.

If going on the paladin isn't an option then it's usually best to try and drag the rogue out of line of sight of the paladin and go for lasso's on him then (ideally with a hex on the mage to prevent them from cs'ing or db'ing your cast).

Hope this helps!

Yep this makes it more clear. But i was never able to live 6 sec hoj into blind 8s blind into 8s sap with gear i described but i guess i wasn't far enough from druid, guys just spam random damage on me and gushing/reaping/judjgements just kills me even through double wall once if i am not mistaking. Also what should i do if i actually survive? How do we kill anyone there is no way i can land a hex when rogue is on me getting kicked for 6 sec randomly can be really brutal to me if i can't purge/kick/ground, we try to do some setups but because of ineffable pally can heal everything and has too much saves for himself and his teammates. Since i am playing almost full versa i don't do as much pressure passively with gushing.

Also it becomes really hard to stop follow up cc on a druid from mage if i try to maxrange him because of short wind shear/grounding range. IN general playing this matchup feels very hard for me and it feels like small mistake will make me lose the game, while enemy team can do whatever they want and never lose. I tried playing with a lock yesterday and it was even worse

I made 2 clips of this amazing games where the enemy team just kill any one of us (better watch w/o voice and sry for spaceship ui its an alt so i didnt rly tailor it). They can also survive for very long pally has wings all the time. The only time we could win them is on blade's edge cuz i was permaknocking them to africa all the time.

Regardless, thanks for your answer.
    Last edited by Nourdeen; 09-12-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Hey, I did a review of your games. Hope this helps!

http://wow.skill-capped.com/watch/12...la-vod-review/

just saw it. thank you very much for that. it is indeed very useful. unlucky that i didn't have vods of fire ele vs. rmpala when they were going me with scenario described in first post. this team is 3.1 now so i guess its not the comp, they just play better