+ Reply to Thread

PseudonymX is on a distinguished road

Picking a class that fits with my friends' choices for 3s

Hey

Like most others, I'm struggling to pick a class to main i shadowlands. I'm posting here for some feedback in terms of viability in 3s. I have a couple of friends who are returning to the game, and we'd like to push rating a bit, perhaps even go for the sweet looking glad mount.

One friend would like to play DH, the other resto druid, and I'm considering what to pick to compliment their choices. Seeing as I will also be the one to bring bloodlust to our m+ team, it's narrowed down to shaman, mage and hunter.

Besides PvP, we raid HC and run keys up to around 15-20, so I don't necessarily need the "best of the best" in terms of PvE performance. In terms of gameplay, I seem to prefer ele shaman > frost mage > MM hunter right now. I think it is because I enjoy the support/utility role, and also don't mind healing once in a while if needed.

My gut says shaman, but my brain says mage. The only thing ele shaman seems to bring that mage doesn't is tremor/grounding, but picking ele would also leave me more vulnerable to nerfs than picking i.e. mage or hunter, at least if I want to stay ranged. Furthermore, mage seems to be so much more durable in SL than shamans.

As a bonus, if I decide to roll an alt, how would a shadow priest/affliction lock work with DH/rdruid in your opinion?

I'm looking for some input into which would fit best in 3s with a DH and resto druid, and why - i.e. what to look for and consider to be highest priority. Thanks a lot in advance!
    Last edited by PseudonymX; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:18 PM.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    The bad news is that none of the classes you want to main have paired well with DH in the past. The good news is that Gladiator is usually achievable by any comp towards the end of a season because of MMR inflation. Out of the three you mentioned, I'd suggest going with shaman as it has the most support of the three you mentioned. Hunter would be the second pick if you want a more offensive comp. Mage would be the worst of the three when paired with a DH.

As for an alt, both sp and warlock are looking strong but I would 100% suggest sp right now given how strong it is.

PseudonymX is on a distinguished road
    Ah, that sucks.

If I want to roll an alt for playing DH/rdruid/x only, what options would you recommend as top picks and why?

Thanks!

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Typically DHs pair well with melee - mostly warriors, windwalkers and dks.