+ Reply to Thread

BaffSalts is on a distinguished road

Playing with Disc partner in Shadowlands

My brother is playing Disc for Shadowlands. What other then rogue would be good with Priest in 2's in Shadowlands, assuming the Shadowlands would come out like it is in current Beta state?

Songahm is on a distinguished road
    I’m in the same boat, my brother will be playing disc, I’ll be going sub rogue or marks hunter (preferred).

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    It's likely you'll just be able to follow our tier list and play whatever the best melee are. Disc priests are really strong at the moment on the beta so they will probably fit with any good melee. If you want to play a ranged class, ele, mage and hunter should be fine but probably not warlocks as there isn't enough crowd control.

Zeromercy is on a distinguished road
    My friend is thinking about changing healers and wants to possibly play disc. I typically play DK when dpsing but I never got the idea that disc would be good with Dk. I’m sure while disc is looking to be strong in the start I’m certain they will be brought into line and then our concern would be that it isn’t an ideal comp when things are more normalized. For the long term would you advise against playing disc with Dk in twos?

Historically, dks have never really paired well with disc priests in 3s (at least not since cataclysm). DKs have had top tier comps with pretty much every other healer though, so it's just going to be down to what healers are performing the best.

Zeromercy is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the rapid reply as usual.

I'm torn between sub rogue and marks hunter for SL, my arena partner will be playing disc and I know that sub has always been insanely good with that specific healer, I'd like to play marks hunter and hoping that it's competitive in the higher brackets with that specific healer.

Both should be fine with a disc priest, but if you're mostly going to play 2s I would suggest playing rogue.

Thank you for the quick response, Mystic! <3