+ Reply to Thread

Can we talk covenants?

What covenant is looking best for sub rogues in arena currently? I know they're changing a lot from Blizzard's tuning, but would just like to know what it's looking like.

Sepsis from the Nightfae looks interesting with the 100% crit for 4 secs out of stealth legendary. But Bonespike and Fleshcraft, as well as the conduits for Necrolord, look pretty useful in arena as well.

Was just wondering what some of the top rogues are thinking they're gonna run come SL S1?

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Nerolord and Kyrian seem the best right now for the damage both abilities do. But they've been re-working Venthyr so it might end up being good too. We'll have a solid answer on what the best one is before shadowlands is released, providing tuning is complete and players had time to test whats best on the beta.

Well, okay. We'll be hitting 60 and picking our covenants within the next few days, so I'm kinda in a crunch on time on what to pick here. What do you guys think about these builds? Which looks best to you? I've got a couple Necrolords and 1 Kyrian build linked.

Necrolord - Emeni
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/soul...QAiBTVAABU1PwA
    - 5% added stat bonus when you use Bone Spike which we'll be doing in the opener I'm guesssing
    - can use Fleshcarft while moving
    - 4s fear when you drop below 20% (in a stun)

Necrolord - Merelith
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/soul...ERU2LQAhFTVAAA
    - big shield when you get off Fleshcraft
    - +10% damage after first spell used (but does this activate on the enemy offtarget say that you sap and aren't opening on?) not good if so
    - ultimate form for more tankiness
    looks like this build is built around you actually getting off Fleshcraft, which may be hard as a 4s interruptable cast

Kyrian - Pelagos
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/soul...ERU2LQAhFTVAAA
    - +350 mastery on class ability use is huge for Sub burst
    - more healing from Phial of Serenity but it's a HoT (hmm)
    - let go of the past is kinda meh

What do you guys think? Also what are the best conduits for each different slot (Finesse, Endurance, Potency) And do Conduits stack?

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    We'll have guides on the best soulbind builds for every class in a couple weeks. For now, I 100% recommend going kyrian on rogue.

Huh, I didn't expect Kyrian would have been the way to go after the Pelagos nerfs. Looking forward to the video.

turbro is on a distinguished road
    Yeah the video really just mentioned kyrian with minimal explanation. Is necro really not even worth mentioning? It feels like the defense potential is good, plus a ranged combo point builder is worthwhile.

Or is it the case the kyrian burst is just too good. Maybe we can expect tuning around this, and a potential necro buff?

I personally went necro because it's cooler for an undead rogue imo. Will going with one over the other make a huge difference?