+ Reply to Thread

Aderzone is on a distinguished road

WW/Disc

This comp is not something that Iíve seen on any tier lists for 2v2 arena comps in BFA. Both classes are looking strong (for now) in SL. What would be the pros and cons of this comp? WW/Disc

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Generally the weak point of this comp was being unable to deal with comps that just run over the disc priest, so outside of those matchups where you just can't seem to help keep your disc alive (for example against unholy dks and assa rogues in BfA), it should be a good comp.

Nomad is on a distinguished road
    What about ww/Rsham ? Seems like it’s great in 3s for walking dead, but don’t see it anywhere in 2s comp lists

I saw that comp played at relative high rating towards the end of BfA - it was great at killing holy priests and resto shamans could survive on their own thanks to pack spirit so the windwalker didn't really need to babysit.

I'm not sure if the same will apply in shadowlands, it just depends on if resto shamans are good at surviving on their own. I could definitely see it working though, especially as resto shamans do decent damage and can help the monk with damage and purges. It will likely be quite an aggressive comp, but again is contingent on whether or not the shaman can live without the monk constantly having to peel melee dps off them.

I would also like some more detail on this comp, I main disc p and will play with my returning brother in 2s. He really enjoyed ww monk last time he played and want's to get back with that. From analyzing our tool kits, it seems we should be able to do some set ups, time bursts etc. But my concern was also of dubble DPS that would just rush me as a healer and pop everything. what's our counter here?

I insta trinket first stun and dubble fear, he follows up with a stun and I use Angelic Feather to move away then try to turn the tables somehow. How do you swap the preassure around? Seems I have to burn my trinket PS and Rapture within the first 2 minutes to survive..

These days, healer dps comps have all the tools they need to handle double dps comps, especially when playing with a melee that has an immunity (in this case it's touch of karma.

Your windwalker just needs to pick one target and focus on killing them while keeping the other dps peeled. You've got paralysis, psychic scream and leg sweep to keep a single dps off you, while also having ring of peace to make sure no one can touch you for a while.

Your goal is to just rotate through your cooldowns (trinket a stun, pain suppression another one) while using barrier to tank damage when you can't get away.

By rotating through everything properly, it should be close to impossible for a double dps team to take you down before your windwalker is able to kill one of the dps on the opposing team.

Thanks for this. Really gave me a lot of insight.
    sorry for stupid question yet again, but by keeping the other dps peeled, does this means we chains CC, such as paralysis, psychic scream etc on that one and then both of us focus the kill target as much as possible? Time WW monks burst CD with Dark Archangel and Schism + penance + Shadowfiend used offensively.

And on another topic, wouldn't our match tactic be very much the same, facing another dps + healer comp? Would it be desired to go for the DPS here rather than the healer? I recon we could CC the healer for quite some time if we out all out CC onto that target, even mind controll while I can purge for instance thorns from feral druids, at least it should force CDs such as trinkets and longer defensive CDs, our CC and burst CDs are no more than 1 min for most parts and we could just wait to set it up again. Next time they lack any defensive CDs necessary to cope with the pressure and we should win.

I'm quite new to Arena still, only made 1700 - 1800 rating BFA Season 4, but if we land these types of play consistently, would we be able to reach 2K+ rating? Disc P got hit with another nerf now so I'm getting more and more afraid that it will be hard to reach more than 1800.

Thanks in advance.

You don't necessarily need to chain cc on the second dps, it's more about timing cc when you're under pressure so that you can get heals off and survive.

As for playing against healer dps, you have the option of going for either target - there's no right or wrong answer and it just depends on the matchup. You might find yourself creating a kill opportunity on a healer by targeting a dps as you'll maybe force the healers defensive cooldowns by cc'ing them before being able to swap to them and kill them later in the game.

As a general rule of thumb though, you can focus on attacking dps while cc'ing healers if you have a cc heavy comp, while comps with less cc will likely want to target healers.

I'd highly suggest watching our arena commentaries once season 1 of shadowlands starts to get a better grasp of playstyles in 2s.