+ Reply to Thread

Zeromercy is on a distinguished road

Ret one shot

Rets on prepatch seem at times busted with execution sentence literally being just that. I noticed from several sources that this seems to be fairly similar in beta. I also noticed that from the skillcapped tier list they werenít considered that busted though with it being noted that itís worse at lower ratings. Iím under the impression that this will get nerfed to some degree do my first question is outside of this gimmick do rets have any viability?
    My second question is pertains to support classes. Recently one of my team mates decided that they are going to play a healer for the first time and Iím wanting to alt a class that can best support him through the learning phase. Would what classes are the best support class that can be paired with a new healer? He hasnít officially picked which one yet but is juggling the idea of monk, sham, or Druid. What healer do you think is best for starters and what would be the best support class I could offer. The third team member is most likely a warrior. Once again any and all information is appreciated.

Rets exe sentence isn't a gimmick.. people at higher ratings just know how the spell works and don't let it one shot. Not hard to counter. I think Ret or SP are both really great support classes atm. I've carried a few friends that just came back to the game on healers with my ret pali. With the no gear scaling it can be tough when they only had 10k hp. Word of glory with wings up can crit for 25k at times. I think monk heals would be the best healer to start out on. Goodluck... put rets up in that S-teir mods

I am trying to carry him on his monk currently and it is more than tuff with his 10k health. He often just dies before he can trinket. 25k Word of Glory may as well be lay on hands. One do you highly recommend ret as a support class? Also how do find it best to counter the execution sentence aside from trying to pump the entire team’s cc’s in the Pally?

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    First your question about rets: it's very over tuned on pre-patch and looks nothing like this on the beta at max level. Ret is a very one dimensional class with very little outplay potential, but can easily be outplayed by mobile classes with crowd control. The reason why ret is so crazy at lower ratings is because people don't understand how to deal with offensive cooldowns and effectively kite etc. and so ret ends up seeming really strong when in reality it's easy to play against. Just look at how many rets got rank 1 this season compared to almost any other melee (spoiler alert, it was around 4 in Europe and 1 on NA).

As for wanting a support class, I would 100% recommend shadow priest as a support class in shadowlands. It's looking really strong offensively plus you've dispersion to keep yourself alive, mass dispel to get your healer out of crowd control and even life swap to completely save someone when needed.

Thanks Mystic for the information. It is very help and coincidentally I already main priest as my healer spec and played a little shadow earlier and it felt very smooth.