+ Reply to Thread

Cobreyn is on a distinguished road

Question Historical consistent Warlock 3s comp? Help me pick my Friends future mate ;)

Hey there,

I try to hold it rather short, forgive me if I digress a bit

My mate and I havent really played in BfA and are now searching for a consistent 3s comp to play through SL since we always mained classes that didnt synergize very well with each other in their current state.

He is and always will be a Lock (around 2.3k xp over several seasons / expansions)
    I myself played more classes around the 2k-2.1k mark just for elite sets and such.

We want to go for glad in Shadowlands S1 and finally have a well synergizing comp for 3s that wont just be flavor of the month.

Another Mate want to join our grind with a rDruid but we are not too sure about if he will have the patience to learn and practive x hundreds of games so keep that in mind (he used to play hpaly+melee 2s around 2.2k in Cata and MoP which doesnt mean anything by now but just so you know)

My picks would be (in no particularly order):
    - WW
    - Arms
    - sPriest
    - Sub (one of the only classes I havent played to 2k+ since I have too much respect for that skill ceiling)
    - Mage (all speccs)
    - Hunter (SV > MM > BM)

What also comes in mind while my search is the M+ aspect since me and some other friends trying to push some M+ and I used to be the tank for such groups so essential "have to"-covenant decisions may influence my pick (no matter if tank or not..priority is Arena > M+ for Covenants but yea..I guess you know the struggle)

Its all a bit much, I know, but I just wanted to ask for some opinions and different approaches about this topic.

Thanks in advance!
    Cobreyn

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Pretty much all of the options you put forward will work with a warlock and resto druid to gladiator, so it's just going to be a question of what you enjoy the most. Right now, I would suggest picking any of the 3 melee you prefer out of arms/sub/ww or sp if you want to play a caster.

As for PvE, if you want to be able to tank keys as well, then you're obviously limited to warrior/ww but I honestly wouldn't let that be the deciding factor. If it were up to me, I'd suggest either war/ww if you want an "easier" melee + caster comp or sp if you want to play a double caster comp as shadowplay (sp+lock) is looking quite strong.

Cobreyn is on a distinguished road
    Thank you for your insight, Mystic.

Yea..I guess I have to come back down to some simplicity to decide this tough question. Your point about not letting the fact, if the class is able to tank or not, decide what to play, was a well needed grounding point. I just dont like the endless search for a tank in lfg or bench one of my friends due to too much DPS

Easier or not..yea mhm..in principle I like challenges so I might consider Rogue since it has a solid spot in M+ aswell where sPriest kinda lacks a necessity. I am a bit too much focused on the Meta-Tier-Bulls*it which isnt that important in my range of playlevel but it just keeps coming into my mind, you know.

Anyways, thank you very much,
    Cobreyn