+ Reply to Thread

Dyngan is on a distinguished road

Ret Shadowlands

Hey, wondering about the state of ret in arena shadowlands.

Me and friends been talking about running ret/warrior/druid for 3s.
    Feeling insecure after all the changes that have been made. Is a class that I really like and would love to have as main. Is it a viable comp to push with?

If not what other melee would you suggest? Been playing caster since wotlk so wanna try something new. Been considering enhancement aswell.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Dyngan; 11-19-2020 at 08:11 AM.

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Honestly ret isn't looking that amazing in shadowlands. They nerfed the burst of execution sentence and final reckoning, so we're just sort of left with the ability to deal high damage during wings, and not much outside of that.

If you really want to main ret, then feel free to play it - especially as playing with a warrior will likely be one of your best comps.

As for an alternative, I would honestly suggest playing either arms warrior or windwalker monk - but if you want a class to support your warrior teammate, shaman is a great pick as both elemental and enhance are looking really good right now.

You could consider levelling both a paladin and shaman as they both fill the same sort of role and then just stick to whichever ends up working best for you.

Thank you for the reply. WW/arms/heal - is that a thing? Never seen it before.

Its not set in stone what to play, feeling pretty open for everything =)

Yep, ww arms is actually looking to be quite a strong melee cleave in shadowlands with the current tuning.

Thanks alot for taking time to answer =) Helped alot

Zeromercy is on a distinguished road
    Mystic did you say enhancement is looking pretty good? I thought the skillcapped tier list had them near the bottom? I knew that they got some buffs but did it make them viable? Also my friend wanted to run turbo or Tsg this season which would be better for him?

The buffs made enhance pretty good now because their damage got buffed a lot, although they probably won't work well in plenty of comps and turbo will likely be their best comp.

I'd also say that turbo is looking to be a better comp than tsg at the moment.

Zeromercy is on a distinguished road
    Thank you Mystic that is very helpful.