+ Reply to Thread

hinox is on a distinguished road

Holy paladin struggle big time

Hey out there ive been struggeling to keep up with healing in BG's as holy paladin, and i feel like every other healer spec is healing waaaaay more than me. Im playing Venthyr as i am going for the arena plays later on. And maybe some RBG's... but not if they suck so much in BGs :i

i cant find any guide on it on google or anyting for shadowlands. Is there any1 that can help me with a link or something?

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Our class guides are out next week and will cover the basics on how to heal. For now though, your healing throughput as a holy paladin is generally not the best outside of wings, so it's your job to make sure you time it well for when there's actually a lot to heal.

Your rotation is also quite simple - you cast into your beaconed targets to generate holy power while also using holy shock on cooldown. You then spend holy power on word of glory.

Perhaps your gear is really bad? What's your item level and stat distribution? You want to aim for as much versa and crit as possible while still getting a decent amount of haste. Mastery isn't the best for holy paladins.

Hi Mystic. Im not struggling but its not easy either.

IM at 180 ilvl without legendaries because I still dont know which leggo is best for a Holy Kyrian pally.

So Crit Verse its our focus? Whats our Haste % goal?

There's no real goal, just go for versa/crit and versa/haste with the options on the PvP vendor and you'll be fine. As for your legendary, you can either craft the infusion of light, holy shock or cooldown reduction on blessings legendary, it's up to you.

hinox is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Our class guides are out next week and will cover the basics on how to heal. For now though, your healing throughput as a holy paladin is generally not the best outside of wings, so it's your job to make sure you time it well for when there's actually a lot to heal.

Your rotation is also quite simple - you cast into your beaconed targets to generate holy power while also using holy shock on cooldown. You then spend holy power on word of glory.

Perhaps your gear is really bad? What's your item level and stat distribution? You want to aim for as much versa and crit as possible while still getting a decent amount of haste. Mastery isn't the best for holy paladins.
    here is my armory. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...st/kimyoungoom
    It's mostly rogue/mage comp that i have BIIIG trouble fighting, because they can open on me and i HAVE to Divine shield even tho they dont pop their offensive cooldowns.
    id like to record my own gameplay in arena, what program should i use ? any suggestions ?

Use OBS to record. As for needing to use divine shield in the opener against rmp, it's quite normal and you just need to make sure your teammates are helping you survive future kill attempts if their opener was clean with cross cc because of sap. Your gear seems fine but I'm not sure if you have the right talents. Check our holy paladin class guide next week on the new site to get the right ones.