+ Reply to Thread

AMartin is on a distinguished road

How to play a Healer!?!

So I've played melee my entire WoW career and for the first time I want to try Disc Priest or Holy Paladin. Particularly Priest! However, I am struggling on what's the best way to target myself vs my teammates. For someone who is new to healing, not quite sure if I should be creating mouse over macros, using addons like Voodoo or what is the best approach to solving how to easily shift between myself, my team and the enemy. Any videos or thoughts on how to best approach this?

Zeromercy is on a distinguished road
    I am not sure how top players do it but I don’t use healbot/vudoo to heal except maybe in bgs. I have everything keybound which to be honest is inconvenient but much quicker to respond for me. For me this becomes more annoying the more spells the healer needs to be able to use. I find priest to be one of the easier ones to keybind all of them something. I do imagine that the top end players will likely have a better method for you to use. Maybe key binding to target arena 1 and 2 will help you but I don’t like to lose enemy targets or focus which is why I keybind everything.

Betree is on a distinguished road
    arena 1, 2, 3, macros work and top player use that or, a target key for each arena enemy player, and for their party
    MOUSEOVER MACROS, are the way to go imo, takes seconds of you reaction time by allowing you to heal, with targeting based on what under you mouse... also can do alot of your harmful spells the same even utilizing target of target mouseover macros... id suggest your life saveing abilty be used with a target,and spell macro tho so you miss and it makes sure you wont miss....
    but in teh end its whatever works for you/..... hope its helps

Zeromercy is on a distinguished road
    It actually helps me a bit.

I use Grid2 to see buffs and health, and I'm trying to learn my keybinds for Arena enemy 1,2,3 and party member 1,2 and target self keybinds. I often find my self clicking party members on grid tho. I play a lot of BGs and worked up a habit form that.
    grid2 is amazing ones you learn to coinfig it a littlebit, I can really easy see PW shield buff / debuff or if atonement is active etc.

AMartin is on a distinguished road
    Appreciate all the advice. Going to take many of suggestions and see what works best. Thx!

Mystic is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by AMartin View Post
    So I've played melee my entire WoW career and for the first time I want to try Disc Priest or Holy Paladin. Particularly Priest! However, I am struggling on what's the best way to target myself vs my teammates. For someone who is new to healing, not quite sure if I should be creating mouse over macros, using addons like Voodoo or what is the best approach to solving how to easily shift between myself, my team and the enemy. Any videos or thoughts on how to best approach this?
    I 100% recommend using binds for targeting party1, party2 and yourself. Then binds for also changing your focus between arena1/2/3.

Some recommendations for this are with ASD, ZXC or mouse wheel up/down/click and you can also use modifiers too.