+ Reply to Thread

AMartin is on a distinguished road

Training Wheels Disc Priest Spec

I am really open to playing Disc but the learning curve for a first timer seems like an uphill climb. I've heard a few Glads say there is a "Training Wheels" spec for DISC but can't find any content on talents choices for it. Anyone provide any thoughts on talents for the topic?

Zenzy is on a distinguished road
    Heya!!

So there's a few things that people refer to when saying training wheels spec. They most likely mean this spec right here: https://i.imgur.com/8wkRhxM.png

This is considered the training wheel spec beacuse it's the most defensive spec you can play. You just swap out body and soul for masochism against comps that kill you, mostly melee's.

The reason why this is a training wheels spec is because you have Radiance, this is a very big heal but it comes at the cost of a lot of mana. Also Mindbender beacuse it's less to think about, Power word: Solace is more mana over time however it's more to think about so mindbender is your go-to choice!

When first starting to play disc i'd suggest reversing your priorities for the time being. Right now just be a healer. Try to keep people alive. Once you and your team are alive you can start doing damage and healing via atonement (which is the hard part of disc)
    After i'd say 100-200 games of disc priest i think you'll recognise when you can do damage and when you can't. This is one of the main priorities for disc priest. Knowing when you're able to do damage. Knowing when you need to use your CD's. However that comes with feel. There's no guide for that, that requires you to play a lot and get a fee for the game.

Tldr:
    Play the spec i posted above.
    Be a healer. Keep your team topped, then after go for some damage.
    Once you're more comfortable with what you're doing you can fit damage into your rotation, doing damage while ALSO keeping your team alive!

Hope i could help a bit

AMartin is on a distinguished road
    @Zenzy Thank you so much! I am loving DISC right now and plan to start with your suggestions.