+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Vyrolan will become famous soon enough
    Too bad most people put bullshit names for that lol... Among my friends I have a "F E", "Tella Tubby", "Jack Daniels", and "Hunter Hatfield"... lol

Leetsaws is on a distinguished road
    I'm happy about the change. But then again I'm perma-banned so I don't care. :P

Cel is on a distinguished road
    Good find Jillian. Here is a great counter article I read on Tankspot that points out a lot of the possible negative repercussions of the Real ID implementation:

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-and-Dangerous
    First

Aruk is an unknown quantity at this point
    How will it know if it is your real name? For all the computer knows I'm Jackass Bill.

It takes it from the name on your account.

Magsharku is on a distinguished road
    Some people entered in fake names when they made their account.

ie; Donald Duck

Cel is on a distinguished road
    it is true that some people entered false names on their accounts. But I'd say there's a large majority that did not. It does raise serious personal information questions. I think there may be some over reaction about it, but there is a sense of security breach. I would have liked to see them be a little more vocal about the introduction of it, or let you totally opt out of it if you did not want to participate.
    First

Magsharku is on a distinguished road
    While I strongly disagree with the entire concept of the system, it honestly won't affect me.

The official wow forums are complete shit anyway so not posting there won't be much of an issue. EJ, AJ, SkillCapped, etc... probably the most useful sources of info anyway, their forums aren't trying to be facebook 2.0 and don't require disclosing personal information as a requirement for posting.

So, I will be "opting out" of this potentially dangerous feature and losing nothing in the process. (Also, if you want to "opt out" completely from the RealId system it's pretty easy to do! http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/201...ut-realid.html

Quote Originally Posted by Magsharku View Post
    So, I will be "opting out" of this potentially dangerous feature and losing nothing in the process. (Also, if you want to "opt out" completely from the RealId system it's pretty easy to do! http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/201...ut-realid.html
    That guy is a genius. I've been reading his blog for about a year now and it never ceases to impress me by its thoroughness. I strongly suggest favoriting it for people who haven't seen it.