+ Reply to Thread

Dizzy

Destruction Gear Question

Quick question. I mainly play affliction and have been stacking all my gear with haste/spell power and about 95 spell pen right now.

When i switch to destro, my crit chance is only about 19 percent with fire stone which seems a little low if i'm not mistaken. Any suggestions on gear, should I swap out some of my wrathful offpieces that have haste on them for extra crit chance? How much crit should I have to play destro effectively on 3's/5's.

I want to run destro lock/ele shammy/priest with some real life buddies.

Stalio

Re: Destruction Gear Question

what your forgetting is the crit you get from your talents which should put you at about 24-25%, and to me that sounds about right I myself when i play destro stack haste over crit. Mainly because crit is just gonna mean more damage as to where haste is more Damage and Utility.

ChaoZ

Well, it would depend on ur playstaly. Personally ill like more the haste offpieces than the crits one even playing destro.

Pyrilus is an unknown quantity at this point

It's up to preference. I lean towards haste but I knew that I didn't want to ignore crit, so I used a mix of crit and haste offset. Normally, I aim for 20-25% crit on the character sheet (which doesn't include Devastation) as a general rule.

airety

Do remember that haste will benefit fear (which you will still do a lot of), banish and lowering the GCD on CoE etc. I pretty much don't care about crit anymore when rolling destro- since the changes to resilience I feel like I get more out of turreting incinerates than I do hoping for an immo/chaos bolt/conflag/shadowburn "global."