+ Reply to Thread

lapsuss

Warlock Survavibility against Strong TSG's

Hey guys, first I would like to say im happy to see the site up and running and enjoy being a part of the forums.

Ive been having this problem with 2300 + tsg's just tunneling me, Im saving my port for blade storm and usually juking mindfreezes but as WLD i have no idea what to do.. The warrior is putting out pressure but there not going defensive, im catching the pally in his holy school but so much pressure on me my team is forced defensive, most games will last a minute. Not really sure what else a WLD or any other warlock in that matter is expected to do.

P.s I have 1010 resil with demon armor on.

And also would switching my WG trinket for medallion be that beneficial.

Pyrilus is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: Warlock Survavibility against Strong TSG's

More resilience will help for sure. Go for 1250 if possible. What we do as WLD against TSG is we're on the DK from the start. One of the first things my druid does is get a cyclone off. While this is happening you need to fully dot the DK and try to get a CoT and maybe a fear on the pally. Druid should be spamming cyclones into the warrior and then switching to roots. Once that happens, put full dots on warrior. At this point, DK should have already used AMS and you can switch to the warrior with cyclones on DK. Keep refreshing dots on warrior and DK where possible and look for a good lockout on pally (obviously be careful not to waste it on aura mastery or bubble).

The key is to get CC on the warrior as early as possible to help you spread dots to gain momentum.

lapsuss

Thanks pyrilus,

airety

I never played WLD at the rating Pyrilus has/does, but we had a lot of problems with TSG too (what warlock doesn't?) There is little that can be done to keep the warrior from connecting with you ASAP, but your warrior CAN charge/engage the DK long before he reaches you. In most cases, the opposing warrior has charged you on top of your port. So now the DK has a choice:

1) Crawl to you (this is good because your druid can keep you up through 1 warriors damage, and can easily shift & cyclone)
    2) Death-grip you. This forces the warrior to either intercept you or foot it to you, but you've already Shadowflamed the Warrior so he's gonna crawl too! Or, even better... he's cycloned! And even even even better? You're at least 15 yards off your port now most likely, so no more turtle crawl away with chains of ice on you so that you don't eat a blade storm!
    3) Go onto your Warrior. We definitely like that.

As Pyrilus said, it is important to DoT the DK ASAP. It is also pretty important NOT to DoT the warrior right away. In my opinion, you are just feeding him rage way too early. Once you break the 2 of them up, the fight gets 20x easier because now you can UA/root the warrior (if he freedoms the warrior, that's just fine, now you cyclone him) and UA/fear the DK. There really isn't much you or your druid will be able to do if they are both connecting for most of the fight... you have to break it up.

Also, save devour for the strangulate on your druid, don't bother eating chains.

airety

Followup: If your warrior is hotted, retaliating that first bladestorm can really force the enemy warrior into playing defensively if you've got a full set of DoTs on him.