+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Loincloth is on a distinguished road

Re: Marks/HPally/ProtWarr

If we arnt raping warlocks, I have my silences and scatters on them to keep them at bay while we rape their partners.

Most games we try to get on warlocks as much as possible just to stop them from ua->fearing our team. Notable exceptions where we might not have the warlock as the primary target is any team where there is also a mage on the team, or warlock/spriest where we swap to whatever we can hit. RLS its also viable to get off the lock and work the rogue especially when a warlock gets a clean port off and is getting re-topped.

If you are not making as much progress on the warlock its viable to leave your warrior on the lock to stop pressure while you demolish a pet or two as well.

Jigslol is an unknown quantity at this point

against ua/hunter/pally you should sit on the warlock by default. Instead of just chaining my stuns into him I will open with a conc blow and some big burst + loins burst to put us ahead early, from there I will save my interrupts for any UA's and maybe fears depending on how things are going. We will make switches to the hunter if he is in a good position for a switch. We only switch when I have charge + conc or shockwave +disarm so i can charge into a full 4 or 5 second stun followed up with a disarm so he can't deterence. You can't leave the warlock alone for long because he will wreck your team so any switches we makre are quick and then it's back to lock.

I usually put my focus on the warlocks pet. Within my devastate and shield slam I have macro'd in taunting my focus target. This combined with vigilance will keep the pets on me the entire match. In addition to switching to hunter we will switch to the lock pet if it's low. While spam taunting the pet it will dmg itself on my dmg shield talent and eat most shockwaves with the lock which may get it low enough for a quick swap. If the lock is taking good care of his pet I will change focus to the hunter pet sometimes too.

One other very important thing vs this comp... Your hunter will need to take care of your pally to prevent scatter traps. We tried relying on me to handle these with intervenes and reflects, but i was rarely in range to intervene them and spell reflect vs a UA lock is unreliable for catching the traps. Loin will match scatter with the hunter or silence him to prevent all scatter traps.

Sanctos

my buddy is convinced that this comp is better played as arms, and that most high level teams play it as arms. Any thoughts on that?

There is no team to my knowledge that has ever played this comp as arms beyond like 2500... lol

tell your buddy he is wrong

Rexkwondo

What pieces of gear should I be looking to replace first out of the gear set that I have now?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Rexkwondo

I was thinking that I should spend my frost emblems on the Might of the Ocean Serpent. From ICC I am focusing on getting DBW to replace the PvP Trink and the Blood-Soaked Saronite Stompers from Lady Deathwhisper.

Any major flaws besides that??

Sanctos

Quote Originally Posted by Jigslol
    tell your buddy he is wrong
    thanks heh

Quote Originally Posted by WrestleFreak
    What pieces of gear should I be looking to replace first out of the gear set that I have now?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Rexkwondo

I was thinking that I should spend my frost emblems on the Might of the Ocean Serpent. From ICC I am focusing on getting DBW to replace the PvP Trink and the Blood-Soaked Saronite Stompers from Lady Deathwhisper.

Any major flaws besides that??
    it looks like you are on the right track. Those pieces will be good next steps if you aren't going for 2pc t10 tank set. You seem to be going with the playstyle/gearing that rides out battle stance spamming devastates. I use a different playstyle so my gearing is different.

Rexkwondo

Haha yeah that is the one that I have gotten the best results from since they nerfed SBV. What is a basic rotation that you do instead?

We have started running PHD again. I think its stronger than Prot/hunter atm especially with the unholy blight changes.