+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 Last

Linney is on a distinguished road

Totem Killing on Ring of Valor

I seem to be having some problems with my mouseover-pet attack only while playing on Ring of Valor. More specifically - only when totems are placed on the rising the elevators.

My pet just fails to react as if there is some problem in recognising a mouseover on a totem placed on a moving construct. I dunno if there's a way to modify my macro to counter this or if I'm just gonna have to wand them instead. The macro I am using is listed below:

/petattack [target=mouseover,exists]

Minor is on a distinguished road
    This is the tremor killing totem i use.

/cleartarget
    /target Tremor Totem
    /target [noharm] Tremor Totem
    /petattack
    /targetlasttarget

You don't have to mouse over. You hit it, and your pet attacks tremor. However, it deselects your target so you need to retarget your previous target

Vyrolan will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Minor View Post
    You don't have to mouse over. You hit it, and your pet attacks tremor. However, it deselects your target so you need to retarget your previous target
    There's no way that works. The abilty to target totems with a macro was removed many patches ago. Those are exactly the kinds of macros that Blizzard (correctly) did not want to allow. The only way is like the OP suggests which is to use a mouseover.

The bug he refers to is just another random RoV bug...I don't think there's anything that can really be done about it unfortunately... Just add it to the list of countless other things (especially pet related) that get all fubared on RoV.

It works, I use it =x

It works, I use it =x
    It doesn't for me. I JUST tested it by dueling myself on 2 accounts. It does NOT work and as far as I know macros like that haven't worked for quite a long time.
    Last edited by Vyrolan; 08-31-2010 at 06:59 AM.

well, idk what to say because i use it in arena. i know it kills tremor totems for me.

yeah, im arenaing right now and just used it

well, idk what to say because i use it in arena. i know it kills tremor totems for me.
    Well...tbh, you may think it does...but it doesn't. The "/target Tremor Totem" won't do anything because you're not allowed to target hostile totems that way. It just won't target anytthing...you can even try typing out "/target Tremor" and it won't target anything. All that macro does is issue a "/petattack" on nothing since it has clear target first. Duel a shaman on your warlock, target him, and hit that macro after he drops a tremor...see what happens.

That kind of decision-less macro-based totem killing is exactly what they wanted to stop and exactly why totems are not targettable in that fashion. By the same token, a priest can't make a macro that deaths a totem... Destroying the totem has to be a choice not just something that happens automatically.

(Well, I guess a priest could make a macro that deaths a totem...it would be a focus death...and he'd have to put the tremor on focus...and you can't focus a totem with a "/focus Tremor" macro so you'd still have to click or at least mouseover the totem.)

its not thinking it does, i JUST played an arena match vs a shaman and used it. i saw my little fel hunter go walk to the tremor totem and kill it

its not thinking it does, i JUST played an arena match vs a shaman and used it. i saw my little fel hunter go walk to the tremor totem and kill it
    Hrm...that really really REALLY makes no sense to me... Here's the patch notes from 3.2.0...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Macros and scripts will no longer be able to target totems by name.
    Last edited by Vyrolan; 08-31-2010 at 06:58 AM.