+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Minor is on a distinguished road
    yes i know that they put that in patch notes. the old macro used to be totem stomp every totem without dropping your target. like, im playing vs shaman teams RIGHT now and using it.

Vyrolan will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Minor View Post
    yes i know that they put that in patch notes. the old macro used to be totem stomp every totem without dropping your target. like, im playing vs shaman teams RIGHT now and using it.
    Edit: Well, I can't explain that...when I test it in-game it does not work...and everything I know about the game says it won't work....and shouldn't have worked for over a year since 3.2.0. What Minor is seeing just doesn't jive...yet I tend to believe she's plenty smart enough to see what's happening on her own screen. Hopefully some others will see this and test for themselves. There's little point in me continuing to say anything since nothing short of a video showing it would convince me, and you also can't argue with Minor's first hand "right now" experience.
    Last edited by Vyrolan; 08-31-2010 at 06:58 AM.

Perryo is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrolan View Post
    Edit: Well, I can't explain that...when I test it in-game it does not work...and everything I know about the game says it won't work....and shouldn't have worked for over a year since 3.2.0. What Minor is seeing just doesn't jive...yet I tend to believe she's plenty smart enough to see what's happening on her own screen. Hopefully some others will see this and test for themselves. There's little point in me continuing to say anything since nothing short of a video showing it would convince me, and you also can't argue with Minor's first hand "right now" experience.
    It works by you targeting the tremor manually then hitting the button and the targetlasttarget will go back to her main target. It's for if you don't want to use a mouseover or if totems are clumped up together and you manually target it through nameplates.

Not sure how you missed this but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryo View Post
    It works by you targeting the tremor manually then hitting the button and the targetlasttarget will go back to her main target. It's for if you don't want to use a mouseover or if totems are clumped up together and you manually target it through nameplates.

Not sure how you missed this but yeah.
    But she's not targetting the tremor manually...she's saying the macro is targetting it...but that's exactly the point...targetting the tremor in the macro is NOT possible. I even tested it in a duel with myself...the "/target Tremor Totem" or just "/tar Tremor"...they do absolutely nothing. Targetting the totem in that fashion is just not possible.

I agree you could target the totem manually by clicking it and then hit a macro that does petattack and targetlasttarget...but that means you still have to click the totem...she's claiming you don't have to do anything because the macro does it for you, but that's explicitly and exactly what is disallowed and does NOT work in my in-game testing.

Edit: Furthermore, her macro wouldn't even work in that "manually targeted by clicking it" scenario because the first thing her macro does is cleartarget.
    Last edited by Vyrolan; 08-31-2010 at 07:25 AM.

Edit: Furthermore, her macro wouldn't even work in that "manually targeted by clicking it" scenario because the first thing her macro does is cleartarget.
    Cleartarget is at the top of the macro line so no, it would work for manual use.

Cleartarget is at the top of the macro line so no, it would work for manual use.
    Well that makes absolutely no sense...so I target it manually...then I hit this macro that clears my target... That's supposed to do what exactly? How are you defining "manual use" because we're clearly thinking differently. I was guessing that you meant to target the totem manually (by clicking on it) and then hitting a macro. In that situation, this macro won't work because the very first thing it does is drop your current target. The macro certainly won't target it for you since that's the very thing that is disallowed.

Well that makes absolutely no sense...so I target it manually...then I hit this macro that clears my target... That's supposed to do what exactly? How are you defining "manual use" because we're clearly thinking differently. I was guessing that you meant to target the totem manually (by clicking on it) and then hitting a macro. In that situation, this macro won't work because the very first thing it does is drop your current target. The macro certainly won't target it for you since that's the very thing that is disallowed.
    The top line of a macro is what the macro does last... therefor it preforms the actions below it. So it works, may not work how minor said it did (im sure she was confused) but it does work like I said. You have a target, then a tremor apears you target the tremor and spam your button it will cause your pet to attack and in turn you get the last target back so your original target. Granted its not as good as a mouseover stomp, but it does work for people wanting something easy.

The top line of a macro is what the macro does last... therefor it preforms the actions below it.
    Ok...that is one of the most absurd statements I've seen in quite a while. A macro definitely does not execute the top line last...that's just blatantly wrong.

You have a target, then a tremor apears you target the tremor and spam your button it will cause your pet to attack and in turn you get the last target back so your original target. Granted its not as good as a mouseover stomp, but it does work for people wanting something easy.
    I agree that you can do that...you would just do a macro like this:
    Code:
    /petattack
    /targetlasttarget
    It wouldn't have all the target tremor totem and stuff like that in it. But yea I agree that would work....it would just be for those who prefer to click it rather than just mouseover it but also want to easily get back to their previous target.

Linney is on a distinguished road
    I just wanna say first that I really appreciate all of the (enthusiastic) support you guys are giving in what seems to be a rather touchy subject.

Like Vyrolan, I was also under the impression that you cannot target totems via macro/text commands and have never had success in the past while trying any "totem stomper" macros.

For destroying totems on the RoV elevators would Vyrolan's macro (below) work - ie, not break simply because the totem is on a moving construct - if I were to target the totem and execute the macro

Code:
    /petattack
    /targetlasttarget
    All it would do is send my pet to attack my target before switching my back whoever I was targetting before clicking the totem?

Ok...that is one of the most absurd statements I've seen in quite a while. A macro definitely does not execute the top line last...that's just blatantly wrong.

I agree that you can do that...you would just do a macro like this:
    Code:
    /petattack
    /targetlasttarget
    It wouldn't have all the target tremor totem and stuff like that in it. But yea I agree that would work....it would just be for those who prefer to click it rather than just mouseover it but also want to easily get back to their previous target.
    well not sure why it does, but in that case or any target case maybe due to lag that cleartarget will be preformed after the pet goes and attacks the target, then the target will clear.

Btw good job making that macro! All I said was the macro does work for totem killing, not that it works without selection of a target.

Go try the macro it works like I said it would, even though it clearstarget it will still send the pet to attack.
    Not saying that it is better then /petattack [target=mouseover]
    for overall use.
    Last edited by Perryo; 08-31-2010 at 09:01 AM.