+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Cel is on a distinguished road

Re: Statistics

Quote Originally Posted by aprimechop
    Quote Originally Posted by Urasheep
    Haha, unfortunately even for dispel cleaves and WLD's I don't think there is such a thing as a 20 minute game in 3's. Personally, I've never seen a 3's game last more than 10 minutes, if that. Wotlk, love it or hate it.
    It can happen with cross kills against PMR. We get the occasional kill on the rogue with our DK or Lock getting killed making the game Priest/Mage versus Druid/Warlock or DK. We end up winning most of these but they can take a while while the priest/mage turtle to get drinks/get CDs back.
    Very true, but I was referring to the typical 3v3 match. I was implying that with all 3 people left on both teams, games hardly ever last very long. It's more of a "I have to outlast this rushdown team's CD's, then they die" for WLD or Dispel Cleave.

But yes, sometimes cross kills do happen, and 2v2 games can easily hit 45 min time cap
    First

Leeka is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by aprimechop
    Haha, unfortunately even for dispel cleaves and WLD's I don't think there is such a thing as a 20 minute game in 3's. Personally, I've never seen a 3's game last more than 10 minutes, if that. Wotlk, love it or hate it.
    It can happen with cross kills against PMR. We get the occasional kill on the rogue with our DK or Lock getting killed making the game Priest/Mage versus Druid/Warlock or DK. We end up winning most of these but they can take a while while the priest/mage turtle to get drinks/get CDs back.
    Very true, but I was referring to the typical 3v3 match. I was implying that with all 3 people left on both teams, games hardly ever last very long. It's more of a "I have to outlast this rushdown team's CD's, then they die" for WLD or Dispel Cleave.

But yes, sometimes cross kills do happen, and 2v2 games can easily hit 45 min time cap
    My moonkin VS holy paladin back in like season 4.. took me a hour to kill him... .
    Moonkin vs disc... took him a good 25 to kill me

la la la

Vyrolan will become famous soon enough

What things are people most interested in from the Stats section when it does launch? I know lots of ideas were discussed in this thread but that's been quite a while. I was bored last week so I took a couple of days to write my own armory data miner. It's silly easy to pull down stuff from there. I have to admit I've fallen in love with the pet project and have been rapidly expanding it...just as an example of what I've done so far, you can see a quick high level analysis of my own 5v5 team in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2493

nuesuh is an unknown quantity at this point

WHEN ? SOON PLOX

Salinelol

Quote Originally Posted by Borialis
    I don't think the win/loss percentages is a worth-while stat to look at unless you're talking about vs certain comps or classes, like you mentioned.

In theory, the only teams with the positive win/loss stopped queuing before they reached 50/50, because every team should eventually hit this with the exception of the best teams on each battlegroup and/or the teams which stop queuing once safe in a range they desire... which will also skew those results drastically compared to other teams continuously playing which will be operating at around 50/50 w/l.

I'm mostly excited about the stat ideas. I'd love to be able to delve into data enough to see "85% of the Warriors over 2500 rating have at least x amount of Str" etc. We could finally stop operating on the "you need at least xyz Haste (or w/e) to be successful" and could just see what is actually working.
    Not I sir. My W/L has only gone up since we started playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Salinelol
    Quote Originally Posted by Borialis
    I don't think the win/loss percentages is a worth-while stat to look at unless you're talking about vs certain comps or classes, like you mentioned.

In theory, the only teams with the positive win/loss stopped queuing before they reached 50/50, because every team should eventually hit this with the exception of the best teams on each battlegroup and/or the teams which stop queuing once safe in a range they desire... which will also skew those results drastically compared to other teams continuously playing which will be operating at around 50/50 w/l.

I'm mostly excited about the stat ideas. I'd love to be able to delve into data enough to see "85% of the Warriors over 2500 rating have at least x amount of Str" etc. We could finally stop operating on the "you need at least xyz Haste (or w/e) to be successful" and could just see what is actually working.
    Not I sir. My W/L has only gone up since we started playing.
    Awww I got all excited when I saw a new post here.. hoping on a update

Craze is an unknown quantity at this point
    can't wait for this
    Crazé - Top WoW player and content master for Skill-Capped

Follow Skill-Capped's Twitter! @skillcapped

Aruk is an unknown quantity at this point
    Holy shit, if this turns out to have THIS MUCH DATA, I'll be glad to have waited for this section to be made!

Aruk is an unknown quantity at this point
    Any ETA for when this is done?