+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Bobmarlock

Thumbs up Arena Gear available WITHOUT RATING

I didn't know if everyone was aware that you can now purchase all arena gear under 2k rating with honor points, despite it saying you need a rating when clicked. You just click "buy", and it's yours IDK if that was intended, but last I read before the patch, they stated that you could still purchase gear, but your rating from the season end would be used. If it is in fact a glitch, then I'd recommend grabbing it now I've kept it hush hush on my server, as the majority of players don't know about it, and I'm not trying to get it removed before I get mine. ALSO: engineering enchants no longer override regular enchants! (Courtesy of Erases mage thread.)

EDIT: After further research, blue posts confirm that the gear was intended to still require your end of season rating. I'm going to continue farming the remaining pieces missing from my set, as I took my mage to 80 fairly late in the season, and didn't obtain all the gear. I don't think there will be any repercussions from it, but proceed at your own risk. There are quite a few people gearing up this way, so I don't foresee any problems with it. Not sure if they have a way to track it, given it's on such a large scale now.

Blue Post:http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27191...ar-after-4-01/
    Last edited by Bobmarlock; 10-18-2010 at 08:14 AM.

Kynetical is an unknown quantity at this point

Bobmarlock
    Thanks for clearing that up. Would've been nice if they posted that in the patch notes. I read the official notes the day before the patch went live, and they said rating from the season would still be required to purchase gear. Either way, thanks

Garnets is on a distinguished road
    It's intended and I fully support it! Now, what will separate myself (I am new to PvP and interested in learning) and everyone else will be skill and not a gear gap. I'm excited about this change.

silentscream is an unknown quantity at this point
    "...everyone else will be skill and not a gear gap."
    this.
    however, the gear was supposed to be based on your skill, not for kids lol'ing around in 4pc wrathful and bind on account weapons.

Phaased is on a distinguished road
    Bleh, I wish I had known this a few days ago before I bought my full relent

Moorat
    any point in farming this gear btw?

aemskelley is on a distinguished road
    It all depends on how much time you have to play the game before Cata comes out - and whether you'd like to gem/enchant/reforge it before Cata and waste your gold.

I personally don't have enough time to farm it all up - so i'll stick with what i've got.

All gear will be obsolete after a couple of levels anyway - and you may be better saving your 4000 honor for buying new gear when you hit 85.

Moorat
    I must add that I just hit 80 and that my gear is green... worth farming, yes or no? I got time, but I can also choose to lvl alts

aemskelley is on a distinguished road
    I personally wouldn’t farm for the gear – I’d probably sink my time into levelling alts (if you really want them) or levelling professions.

But if you’ve only just hit 80 on that characte it’s probably not a bad idea to get yourself into some BGs and learn the class and get gear whilst doing that