+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Acheross

Shadowplay Strats

Looking for some tips on how to play agaisnt certain cleave comps. TSG/PHDK/Beastcleave mostly. mainly looking for tips on who we could go on to relieve the pressure. thanks.

inoxium

Re: Shadowplay Strats

would realy appreciate tips for shadowplay myself, looking forward to hear something from you guys

Me 3

airety

Sorry- I've never run this or anything like it If you guys are playing it right now, you could probably share what you know and between the 3 of you come up with a lot of strats.

Pyrilus is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually don't have that much experience with this comp. I've played a total of 40 games so far, but this is what I've found.

1) Don't worry about a kill until two things are dotted.
    2) Momentum is everything. Keep dotting.
    3) If you want, try to line up kills using priest silence/horror and your lockout/deathcoil.
    4) Keep dotting.

That's really everything I've found to work. Every loss we've had is because we weren't able to put the other team on the defensive by spreading aids. There's very little coordinated burst here because you're trying to simply get 2+ targets to ~40-60% and then CCing and killing.

saw u just put up a vid nice!!! i have been debating to play this but have 0 exp....Keep the vids coming gj

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrilus
    I actually don't have that much experience with this comp. I've played a total of 40 games so far, but this is what I've found.

1) Don't worry about a kill until two things are dotted.
    2) Momentum is everything. Keep dotting.
    3) If you want, try to line up kills using priest silence/horror and your lockout/deathcoil.
    4) Keep dotting.

That's really everything I've found to work. Every loss we've had is because we weren't able to put the other team on the defensive by spreading aids. There's very little coordinated burst here because you're trying to simply get 2+ targets to ~40-60% and then CCing and killing.
    Overall how viable would you say splay is?

Pyrilus is an unknown quantity at this point

It's perfectly viable. It can definitely get top 5 on any BG.

Analogeist

Maybe not in BG9 i suppose lol.. anyways its still a very viable comp =D
    3-2-1-SWITCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrilus
    It's perfectly viable. It can definitely get top 5 on any BG.
    I've tried running it several times and have a hard time succeeding with it. It is possible that there just aren't any good shamen on my realm, however. This is what usually gives us trouble:

1) Teams that train my shaman. I can only peel for so long. Eventually they go on fear DR. Additionally, since it seems like shadowplay doesn't have any initial burst to immediately put the enemy team on the offensive enemy healers can just spam dispel fear even through immolate. Heaven forbid if the enemy team has a shaman themselves and spams tremor, which almost completely negates my ability to peel. I know I can knock it down, but honestly the only person on shaman teams that reliably gets feared is the shaman.

2) Scoring a kill against druid teams. Our damage is predictable and HOTs are pretty strong. I guess we just switch a lot?

3) Knowing which two targets to DOT up first. The shaman I play with seems to get blown up really easily, so this leads me to believe that we should DOT up a healer and one dps while peeling the other DPS (at least to start). However, healers like to hide in the beginning and it feels like a waste to spend a lot of time chasing them around.