+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 41 First 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 Last
Results 111 to 120 of 405
  1. #111

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Greyfox is on a distinguished road
    Hey Filo, I've been playing afflic lock holy pala in 2v2 recently and I find that I take lots of damage against melee classes, most notably warriors, ferals and rogues. Im having a hard time kiting them (especially warriors because of the charges). I also find that resto shammys are painfully efficient at dispelling everything that I put up regardless of ua. Do you have any tips?
    thanks in advance

  2. #112

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    793
    Rep Power
    14
    Filovirus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Hey Filo, I've been playing afflic lock holy pala in 2v2 recently and I find that I take lots of damage against melee classes, most notably warriors, ferals and rogues. Im having a hard time kiting them (especially warriors because of the charges). I also find that resto shammys are painfully efficient at dispelling everything that I put up regardless of ua. Do you have any tips?
    thanks in advance
    Melee/healer should never be able to kill you, especially if you have 3400-3700 resilience and demon armor on. If your healer gets put in a cc chain make sure to use your port effectively and try to LoS/kite until his CC finishes. Try to coordinate "Freedom Kites" with your Paladin. You call for blessing of freedom, and then exhaustion kite the melee tunneling you. Resto shaman teams are going to be very hard for you to beat. Try to oom them by using drain mana. Also, don't put dots or your pet on the shaman if you can help it. Only put up an Unstable Affliction when you're going for drains on him so that he can't spam dispel it.
    Private Lessons Available!
    Skype Contact Info: virusl0l (with a zero)

  3. #113

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    fluffycat
    Hi, could you possibly give some advice on beating Holy Paladin/Warrior as Holy Paladin/Aff lock? We're having alot of trouble, as the lock is finding it difficult to kite him, and so alot of the match involves the warrior freely sitting on the lock.

  4. #114

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    793
    Rep Power
    14
    Filovirus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffycat View Post
    Hi, could you possibly give some advice on beating Holy Paladin/Warrior as Holy Paladin/Aff lock? We're having alot of trouble, as the lock is finding it difficult to kite him, and so alot of the match involves the warrior freely sitting on the lock.
    Would try to get kills on warrior during CC chains on paladin. Fearx2-3 into a hoj/blanket cs and possibly death coil while you dps warrior. Have your paladin assist on dps when you're trying to set up gibs on the warrior with exorcism.
    Private Lessons Available!
    Skype Contact Info: virusl0l (with a zero)

  5. #115

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    fluffycat
    Quote Originally Posted by Filovirus View Post
    Would try to get kills on warrior during CC chains on paladin. Fearx2-3 into a hoj/blanket cs and possibly death coil while you dps warrior. Have your paladin assist on dps when you're trying to set up gibs on the warrior with exorcism.
    The warlock cannot seem to do any damage to the warrior (not sufficient enough to land a kill even with an extended cc chain) and he constantly claims he has problems kiting it. He seems to spend most of the match in melee range of the warrior with his casts being interrupted and unable to get the warrior off him for more than a few seconds (this is with freedoms from me)

  6. #116

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    793
    Rep Power
    14
    Filovirus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffycat View Post
    The warlock cannot seem to do any damage to the warrior (not sufficient enough to land a kill even with an extended cc chain) and he constantly claims he has problems kiting it. He seems to spend most of the match in melee range of the warrior with his casts being interrupted and unable to get the warrior off him for more than a few seconds (this is with freedoms from me)
    It's really easy to cast with a warrior on you, just be sure to juke the pummel. You can just freecast in his face for the next 10 seconds. Tell him to focus more on doing damage to the warrior than kiting for the most part.
    Private Lessons Available!
    Skype Contact Info: virusl0l (with a zero)

  7. #117

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In a special box
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    0
    sloppie is an unknown quantity at this point
    Hi Filo, I have some questions regarding the general strats for MLD. We just started playing 1-2 days ago and a lot of practice needs to be done.

    I'm wondering how should we CC as this comp.
    Do we try to lock down only 1 target in most case healer with our main 3 CC's (fear, sheep, cyclone) or 2 targets (healer & 1 dps)?
    Even though we do CC a lot, but it seems very messy and not very coordinate. It's almost as CC any target you see and pray for a kill.
    I also notice that our swaps aren't clean at all. How do we get better at this? How do I improve my swap as lock? (spells & position-wise)

    Usually, how would you play MLD? At the moment, our strat is to start on a DPS and CC's on healer, then swap between the 2 DPS's but it doesn't work very effective.

    Thanks

  8. #118

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    793
    Rep Power
    14
    Filovirus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppie View Post
    Hi Filo, I have some questions regarding the general strats for MLD. We just started playing 1-2 days ago and a lot of practice needs to be done.

    I'm wondering how should we CC as this comp.
    Do we try to lock down only 1 target in most case healer with our main 3 CC's (fear, sheep, cyclone) or 2 targets (healer & 1 dps)?
    Even though we do CC a lot, but it seems very messy and not very coordinate. It's almost as CC any target you see and pray for a kill.
    I also notice that our swaps aren't clean at all. How do we get better at this? How do I improve my swap as lock? (spells & position-wise)

    Usually, how would you play MLD? At the moment, our strat is to start on a DPS and CC's on healer, then swap between the 2 DPS's but it doesn't work very effective.

    Thanks
    Well, when you're going for a kill you're going to want heavy CC chains on the healer. Fears, into polymorphs, into cyclones, into a deep, bash, blanket cs, death coil, skull bash, there's an insane amount of CC to work with. The hard part is coordinating it well with your partners, while maintaining good pressure on your kill target.

    I would personally be tempted to just put the healer in a nasty CC chain while blasting damage into one of the DPS classes, but every game is different. In some situations you will want to CC both DPS for a quick gib attempt on the healer.


    To improve your swapping abilities as a lock, push up towards the target you're going to be swapping to. Also, if you sense a swap is very near, Soul Swap full dots off a target and keep the buff on you, so that right when you do swap, you can instantly apply full dots.
    Private Lessons Available!
    Skype Contact Info: virusl0l (with a zero)

  9. #119

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    10
    SickYo is on a distinguished road
    Hai filo!

    I just looked at your armory page and noticed that you got 5 % hit , i thought the cap were at 4 ?

    Ty and GL in s9

  10. #120

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    793
    Rep Power
    14
    Filovirus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by SickYo View Post
    Hai filo!

    I just looked at your armory page and noticed that you got 5 % hit , i thought the cap were at 4 ?

    Ty and GL in s9
    I was doing PvE yesterday, must have forgotten to reforge a few pieces back to their original stats.
    Private Lessons Available!
    Skype Contact Info: virusl0l (with a zero)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts