+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 First 31 39 40 41

Kun is on a distinguished road

Trouble opening

Sup,

First of all, i was opening wrong all my 3's cause i always dot the 2 dps then pop DS, but I've read that DS only increases future dot's damage... am i right?

But here's my main question...i'd like to know a good and safe way to create initial pressure... I'm playing Shadowplay 1800+ (obviously i'm the warlock of my team)... Normally we w8 and try to bring the fight to sopen... Should i start (running crazy and try to get a triple/double fear) cause i have portal then my s/ mate wouldn't have so much initial pressure? Should i first pop DS plus trinket then dot everyone, caring to fear/coil healer then he won't be able to counter dispel my dots? Should i wait to just pop DS and trinket when i have some window to kill one target...

Other question, since I don't have a strong burst, should a put dots on the kill target, than hold healer or peel the other dps to my spriest kill the target or what?

thanks in advance... i'm really newbie to locks

Ofc everyone's answer and experience is worth...

TickTick is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kun View Post
    Sup,

First of all, i was opening wrong all my 3's cause i always dot the 2 dps then pop DS, but I've read that DS only increases future dot's damage... am i right?

But here's my main question...i'd like to know a good and safe way to create initial pressure... I'm playing Shadowplay 1800+ (obviously i'm the warlock of my team)... Normally we w8 and try to bring the fight to sopen... Should i start (running crazy and try to get a triple/double fear) cause i have portal then my s/ mate wouldn't have so much initial pressure? Should i first pop DS plus trinket then dot everyone, caring to fear/coil healer then he won't be able to counter dispel my dots? Should i wait to just pop DS and trinket when i have some window to kill one target...

Other question, since I don't have a strong burst, should a put dots on the kill target, than hold healer or peel the other dps to my spriest kill the target or what?

thanks in advance... i'm really newbie to locks

Ofc everyone's answer and experience is worth...
    I run a MLS comp, and currently our method is to bait the other team so we can try to fear one to LOS healer and then I will coil then fear the healer. Most of the time when the dps is LOS'd the healer will pop trinket and then get stuck in a full fear. This allows us to gain an early advantage. This might not work as well for shadowplay, but its a thought.

Unlike Snutz I like to play defensively until they make a mistake. Every team will make a mistake and then I will have all my CD's to capitalize on it. The burst damage isn't very powerful compared to other classes but you can still put out some decent damage. Making sure your dots are up on all targets at any given time will really put heavy offensive pressure out. The healer having to spend more GCD's dispelling and getting silenced will only make it easier to kill someone. If they don't risk the dispell then you are getting a bunch of free ticks off. To answer your opening rotation, you need to pop DS first otherwise your dots will not receive the benefit until you refresh them. When you cast your dots they are snapshotted, meaning whatever procs you had at that time will remain affecting the dots until they are refreshed or fall off. Popping DS after is not going to do anything for your dots.

I like to think of myself as a utility player, once my dots are out spreading damage I am free to disable and move players around the arena. Being able to control your opponents is what really wins fights. If a healer can't get anything out because he is eating a full fear then you are free to finish off that first DPS. Once you have one DPS down most of the time the fight is over. I suggest watching the offensive lock play videos and the defensive ones.

I'm a little bit tired, ok I'm very tired. I hope this all made sense.

andarkan is on a distinguished road
    hey filo id like to know what is your haunt macro? thanks from now

skabarosmmo is on a distinguished road
    hallo Filovirus, really appreciate your job, your great, keeping this thread really helps us
    Do you think that affl at 5.2 is going to be more viable than it is atm? We both got a US buff but a really important Spell Lock nerf aswell.. Having in mind all the 5.2 changes, what's your opinion?

Ronahj is on a distinguished road
    Hi, I am new to this site and new to pvp. There was so many replies I couldn't read them so I wanted to know 2 things:
    1. Which is better for pvp: aff or destro
    2. what pvp addons should I get (especially the ones with the targeting players, action bars and timers)

Thanks