+ Reply to Thread

waracle

hit rating

Just a quick question about the random hit ratings ive been seeing

i notice alot of top locks run 100-120 hit with 1 or 2 in suppression. then i see a few with 51 hit and 3/3 supp. (1.94% + suppresion)
    i feel like i start to miss even at 100 over 110
    is safe to drop that low or am i retarded? i was under the assumption that you really wanted ~6% to try and negate racials.

nempou

Re: hit rating

This is something I've been wondering about as well as I'm just starting to gear my lock now. What would be a good amount of hit rating and where should the hit come from? would be nice to hear from some experienced locks

airety

There's lots of UDs, there's lot's of blood elves... I always try and hit 6% through gear & suppression. After you get 6%, I think Mages & Rogues will be the only ones who you can ever miss, and you can't change that. Make sure you are maxing your spell pen too (130 cancels shadow resist) so only mages (mage armor) can resist a cast.

Stalio

Its not that you will miss mages and rogues its more that they will resist spells, but that is a completely different mechanic. You should aim to hit 6% via gear and talents because of Undead, Blood Elf, and Draenei racial abilities that give a 2% chance to be missed by shadow spells.

Pyrilus is an unknown quantity at this point

I talked about this for a while in my gearing video and it's been valid for as long as this expansion has been out. 6% is what you want to aim for to cover Draenei, BE, and UD shadow/spell hit chance reduction. That said... I have a tendency to float around 5-6% total hit (including talents) which isn't exactly covering all my bases. I honestly have more of an issue with resists than misses so I always stay at or above 130 resist.

waracle

just tried 51 hit with 3/3 and i can say i havent missed a thing
    rng is rng