+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Jdilla is on a distinguished road
    i say your mage shoulda made an escape. and once you feared the DK he should poly'd palla. just overall kinda bad position in melee range of both of them . kite them more and set up kills when there in bad position. just my 2 cents. I usually go 50/50 vs dk palla

Filovirus is an unknown quantity at this point
    1. Make sure you have your portal down near where you're starting each game. You originally put your port down on your side, but you switched sides and forgot to drop one again.

2. I had a hard time seeing target debuffs and a few other things due to the UI setup, but it seemed like you were using blanket spell locks rather than hitting the paladin's heals. Try to save your CS for the paladin's spell casts if you can, because he will need to cast.

3. Coordinate longer and more consistent CC chains with your mage partner. You fear the paladin twice, he should then be trying to sheep him twice, into a blanket CS or a Deep Freeze. Once he's used his bubble cooldown, you can shut him out for 30 seconds-1 minute with relative ease. Once that first CC hits him, it can be followed up with so much other CC.

4. Don't forget to use Demon Soul. It is a large increase in damage, and can really help when trying to put out initial pressure or when going for a kill. I generally use it when my mage uses Time Warp.
    Private Lessons Available!
    Skype Contact Info: virusl0l (with a zero)

infamous
    This thread needs more love, awesome idea Filo!
    To get things going I recorded our two latest games playing , so no highlights and lot's of mistakes. I play affliction and these clips are around 2k mmr.

First clip is vs (with a twist as the warrior is fury) at ~2.1k mmr.
    I didn't get the portal where I wanted (closer to the gy) but I feel it all went downhill from the start very fast.
    Sorry about the broken ui though, it was the first game of the night and some addons where a bit iffy (so you'll see afflicted icons over my char, and grid is a bit offscreen + blizzards arenaframes).

Second clip is vs a pretty bad at around 2k I think.
    I feel that when the games go to "midgame" I waste a huge amount of gcd on the wrong things and that we would have won it alot faster if I would have controlled the opponents better. Also rebinding spellock this weekend as I have a hard time hitting shift-caps in time for focus interupts if im not prepared

Feel free to bash me, i'm here to get better

Loopylock is on a distinguished road
    @Infamous would you be able to send me/reply saying the addon and/or setup your using for the debuff icons above players heads? Ive been looking for something similar for a while

Just starting to organize my Rated BG 10 man group, I will watch these and give you feedback as soon as I am available! Thanks for posting.

Ok so I watched both the clips. First of all I actually like your UI layout. A bit too many addons for me, but some of them looked pretty useful/nice.

On to the videos:

Clip #1

- Try to work a bit more with your shaman on pulling off a CC chain on the opposing team's paladin. Fear x2 > Hex will force a trinket and possibly bubble depending on the pressure your team is putting out.
    - You need to work a lot more with your partners on keeping your shaman out of CC. I noticed he was getting sheeped a fair amount, and that's what led to you dying/not receiving heals for the last 15-20 seconds of the match. Try to coordinate shocks/grounds with spell locks, fears, and even having your warrior swap to the mage to prevent the CC on your shaman.
    - Try to get more fears on the paladin. Once feared, he has no way out unless he trinkets or bubbles. This will force the mage/warrior to peel and stop doing high damage to you unless the warrior wants to die by tunneling you while his healer sits in CC.

Clip #2

- When you moved in to the middle of the bridge early in the match, should have swapped focus to druid to stop cyclones. You also should have put him in a few UA fears. This would have forced a dispersion or major CDs from the shadowpriest/mage really early on. Additionally, you could probably have forced the druid's trinket too.
    - When druid is in tree form it is generally better to just put him in full fears rather than hard-swapping to him. Tree form makes it extremely hard to kill the druid. Additionally, if you can put him in a few fears during Treeform, he loses precious time during the best cooldown he has. Treeform puts out an unbelievable amount of healing and gives the druid a lot more survivability.

Advanced:

Once you practice this it can be quite useful. Vs. spell cleaves like Mage/Spriest/Druid Soulburning a new Felhunter to reset the cooldown of Spell Lock is huge. Ex: CS the druid's cyclone, soulburn a felhunter/swap focus to mage, cs a polymorph. Definitely takes a lot of practice to get good at this, but once you do it's incredible.

infamous
    Awesome, big thanks for taking your time!
    There's many things I need to work on but after reading your input and watching it again I can really see that I need to work alot on swapping my focus more.

I've had some people ask me about the ui, the addons I use are:
    Tidyplaytes - Neon
    Platebuffs
    LoseControl
    CooldownToGo
    Announe
    Afflicted

Razor is on a distinguished road
    hey filo, first of all its freaking amazing that u take ur time watching the vids and give advice i mean. Sometimes ppl think they are good but they have no one to actually confirm it and / or give out advice (duels dont count and asking a mage for example u lost to isnt a good way since he most likely will tell u what u should do, from mage POV (at least lower ratings)).

With that being said, do u still watch the vids? :P if yes imma record mine next time. I think im not that bad and just get hand on the wrong mates. So overall the vids i will post wouldnt be "what should my team do different next time?" rather then "hows my playstyle, overall ccing, dotting, skype callouts" (will do with skype and subtitels^^)

so. Your still in action here?^^

Razor is on a distinguished road
    double post ^^

after i watched it myself i see huge mistakes i did but posting anyway since i wanna see what u think about it.

1:07 dead till about 1.30 skip it i was to lazy to edit it^^

and yea first clip is shadowcleave with a shaman (which im still playing) and the second one is shadowcleave with a hpala. im lost on the "if u get focused u can still get pressure rolling" department most of the shits training me is fear immune or got enough to get out of fears anyway (tsg /wave)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bENPX3eI8kw

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    hey filo, first of all its freaking amazing that u take ur time watching the vids and give advice i mean. Sometimes ppl think they are good but they have no one to actually confirm it and / or give out advice (duels dont count and asking a mage for example u lost to isnt a good way since he most likely will tell u what u should do, from mage POV (at least lower ratings)).

With that being said, do u still watch the vids? :P if yes imma record mine next time. I think im not that bad and just get hand on the wrong mates. So overall the vids i will post wouldnt be "what should my team do different next time?" rather then "hows my playstyle, overall ccing, dotting, skype callouts" (will do with skype and subtitels^^)

so. Your still in action here?^^
    I will still watch them!