+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

hultas is on a distinguished road
    In 3's, how much of the time are you actually DPSing (other than having your dots up). I seem to have problems to find time to DL or put another haunt up since I need to CC and keep my dots up so much.

Basically I just keep dots up, fear, and then when my DK call out someone is low I switch with haunt + soulburn drain life spam. Does that sound viable?

Also, how important is it to have a pet on someone? I'm trying to have it on someone all the time but I've watched some streams where high-rated locks often attacks with their pets in certain situations, which are those situations?

EDIT: Also, how are your targetting keys bound (/tar @arena1, etc) for arena?
    Last edited by hultas; 01-19-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Snutz is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Domonkasshu View Post
    I have a question, Ive been playin Affliction rogue and one of the harder teams we are going against is affliction shaman. The good ones in particular keep tremor up and spam it I can fear tremor stomp a few times but they are so hard up on my nuts I cant seem to get away My rogue peels pretty hard for me but we of course cant outlast that team. Any suggestions

That comp is really powerful right now, I'd say your best bet is to just try to out last them. Don't go for straight burst kills, have your rogue spec dance and just run around pillars and using dances on warlocks until you can get the shaman in a full CC chain and burst down the warlock. Keeping dots on the pet works as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hultas View Post
    In 3's, how much of the time are you actually DPSing (other than having your dots up). I seem to have problems to find time to DL or put another haunt up since I need to CC and keep my dots up so much.

Basically I just keep dots up, fear, and then when my DK call out someone is low I switch with haunt + soulburn drain life spam. Does that sound viable?

Also, how important is it to have a pet on someone? I'm trying to have it on someone all the time but I've watched some streams where high-rated locks often attacks with their pets in certain situations, which are those situations?

EDIT: Also, how are your targetting keys bound (/tar @arena1, etc) for arena?
    I'm a very offensive warlock, so I try my best to keep my dots rolling on at least two targets at the same time. But yeah when you swap to a target haunt is needed, and soul burn can help as well.

It's not as important to keep your pet on someone because you no longer have defensive devour, but just make sure you pay attention to the target your trying to spell lock.

My tar @arena1/2/3 keybindings are:

shift1
    shift2
    shift3

Snezza is on a distinguished road
    Hello again Snutz, just wondered if I could pick your brains about a few things please.

2s: Aff Lock/Dance Rogue
    3s: Resto Shammy/Aff Lock/Dance Rogue

I just saw furi has released an article on how to spec for dance rogues (http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcbfZZcGccducRho). I have been looking at the differences between this and Reckfuls who I have a lot of respect for, definately someone that has impressed everytime I've watched him and I'm of course aware he is one of your partners. What I'd like to know is why Reckful puts 2 points in Nightstalker, 1 point in Waylay over 3 points in Cheat Death and also why he puts 2 points in Improved Recuperate over Quickening (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary).

With the changes to bloodlust in arena, do you think that you will be dropping Shadow and Flame because you wont be casting it during BL anymore? I guess when your dotting 2-3 targets Nightfall is going to proc often enough and your going to be using Drain Life as filler so Shadow and Flame will still be useful for the instant casts and the crit provided will proc Dark Intent for your rogue more often. Do you think its even worth picking up the point in Curse of Exhaustion after the nerf? I don't find myself using it as much as CoEl and CoT, the extra point may be more useful in Shadow Embrace?
    Last edited by Snezza; 01-20-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snezza View Post
    Hello again Snutz, just wondered if I could pick your brains about a few things please.

2s: Aff Lock/Dance Rogue
    3s: Resto Shammy/Aff Lock/Dance Rogue

I just saw furi has released an article on how to spec for dance rogues (http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcbfZZcGccducRho). I have been looking at the differences between this and Reckfuls who I have a lot of respect for, definately someone that has impressed everytime I've watched him and I'm of course aware he is one of your partners. What I'd like to know is why Reckful puts 2 points in Nightstalker, 1 point in Waylay over 3 points in Cheat Death and also why he puts 2 points in Improved Recuperate over Quickening (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary).

With the changes to bloodlust in arena, do you think that you will be dropping Shadow and Flame because you wont be casting it during BL anymore? I guess when your dotting 2-3 targets Nightfall is going to proc often enough and your going to be using Drain Life as filler so Shadow and Flame will still be useful for the instant casts and the crit provided will proc Dark Intent for your rogue more often. Do you think its even worth picking up the point in Curse of Exhaustion after the nerf? I don't find myself using it as much as CoEl and CoT, the extra point may be more useful in Shadow Embrace?
    Reckful is a very defensive rogue, so that's why he grabs 2/2 imp recup because of the extra healing. And as for cheat death, it's not really needed because against a good team it won't save you often, if your healer is CC'd and you proc cheat death your healer will still be cc'd, nothing changes.

Yes i'll still grab shadow and flame, and I rarely rarely cast shadow bolts in arena. And no, Curse of Exhaustion is still one of the best spells.

Leotaku
    Do you think using Bane Of Doom is more worth while than Bane of Agony?

Healinhunt is on a distinguished road
    Any reason you use the "use Bloodthirsty" Spell dmg trinket vs the Procs off SP? Just for burst purposes or in conjunction with Demon Soul?

Both

And no I don't

SickYo is on a distinguished road
    Hai snutz! Ive just seen your movie and i noticed that you survive against Dk / enhanc shammy rly rly easy , well maybe not so easy but i looks fairly easy.. i however have huge problem with that and often just get trained a whole game until i die ... What should i do? I got Demon Armor , Teleporting , Soul link etc.

Also , i was thinking of playing Hunter - Warlock - Healer ... Do you think this is a good set up after 4.0.6 and what healer would you bring?

Thanks and GL in s9!

ztkraptor is on a distinguished road
    Hey,
    Question.
    Been watching and learning a lot thanks its awesome.
    Just wondering, how are you able to stomp those tremors so quickly?