+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Snutz is an unknown quantity at this point

My stats, macros, glyphs etc! - Snutz

Hey guys, in this post I'll be showing you guys what stats I go for, what glyphs I use and why.
    I'll also be showing you all my macros which I get asked for a ton!

Here is a link to my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/snutz/simple

As you can see, I aim for resilience.
    For my gems I like to gem all resilience and reforge all haste, this is the best way to go because mathematically speaking, resilience is the best stat.

My spec is: 31/7/3
    The reason behind this is because I am a very offensive warlock, I like to gear defensively and put out as much pressure as I can with my dots / night fall procs.
    If you check out my spec I don't grab demonic rebirth, most warlock's don't do this. If you are putting out a ton of pressure the other team shouldn't be able to kill all three of your pets, and 12% more damage on shadow bolt (Shadow and Flame) can help out a lot, especially with blood lust.

Glyphs

Prime:

Glyph of Unstable Affliction
    Glyph of Bane of Agony
    Glyph of Corruption

This is a very offensive way to glyph, most warlock's like to go this way. You can either get Glyph of Haunt or Agony whatever you prefer.

Major:

Glyph of Soul Swap
    Glyph of Demonic Circle
    Glyph of Howl of Terror

Both Glyph of Soul swap & Demonic Circle is a must for warlocks, however you can replace Howl of Terror with any of the following: Glyph of Shadow flame, Glyph of Soul Link, or maybe even Life Tap, your preference really.

Minor:

The only two important glyphs you need to have is Curse of Exhaustion and Glyph of Health Funnel.

Macros

General:

/focus arena1
    /focus arena2
    /focus arena3

/target arena1
    /target arena2
    /target arena3

/assist Reckful
    /assist Venruki
    /assist Valrath

All of these macros are the most important macros that I use, when trying to become a better player starting off with these macros will always help. It will be hard finding key bindings for the focus/target macros, but when you get used to it it'll help you out in the long run.

Warlock macros:

/cast [target=focus] Fear
    /cast [target=focus] Death Coil
    /cast [target=focus] Curse of Tongues
    /cast [target=focus] Curse of Exhaustion
    /cast [target=focus] Banish
    I used to have 5 different key bindings for devour magic, but now that fel hunters no longer have defensive devour, there is no need.

I also use a burst macro, which isn't necessary but it saves up a keybind or two.
    /use Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
    /cast Demon Soul

/cast [target=focus,exists,nodead, pet:felhunter] Spell Lock; Spell Lock
    /cast [target=focus,exists,nodead, pet:succubus] Seduction; Seduction
    This macro will spell lock / seduce your focus, and if you don't have a focus it'll do it to the target you are targeting.

That's pretty much all I have, if you have any more questions just feel free to post here!

Mcpuff
    Would you suggest going that spec for warlock rogue in 2s? or do you think i would need Death's Embrace

bjames
    Quote Originally Posted by Snutz View Post
    especially with blood lust.
    With no more blood lust in arenas, will you get rid of S&F and spec elsewhere?

jsethrea is an unknown quantity at this point
    how important are the assist macros? i never even considered using them. can you elaborate a little more on when you use those?

jsethrea is an unknown quantity at this point
    why do u get the spell pen back and then enchant it with 70 spell pen? isn't that going over by a lot? i thought it was common knowledge that the soft cap was 195. whats the hard cap and how it that worth it since we have CoE?

Quote Originally Posted by jsethrea View Post
    how important are the assist macros? i never even considered using them. can you elaborate a little more on when you use those?
    They are very important, to me at least. When my teamate has someone in a stun or anything similiar to that, that's a perfect time to get your full row of dots so if you assist your rogue/mage > you can get dots out alot faster rather then just clicking them.

Quote Originally Posted by jsethrea View Post
    why do u get the spell pen back and then enchant it with 70 spell pen? isn't that going over by a lot? i thought it was common knowledge that the soft cap was 195. whats the hard cap and how it that worth it since we have CoE?
    I get it just incase, I don't like losing arena because of RNG > and you don't use CoE that much anymore.

emptikos
    hey is Snutz 4 coming soon ? i wanna see some RLS clips !

Dangle is on a distinguished road
    one thing i did w/ my focus macro's, purely because it felt more natural was to bind the focus macros into a macro w/ the spell, and just use a modifier for focus, just to open my bars up a little more, just my preference to make things quickly accessible for myself.

gacklez
    Hey Snutz,

I'm just starting wow again and trying to get back into the swing of things. It's been a 1.5 year break for me and the last time I played was season 8. I'm a 2x glad (s3 sl/rdruid; s8 WLD) but I'm finding it very very hard to pressure other teams (gear is lacking a little) Astei @ Executus if you have time to look at my gems and whatnot.

The main reason for this post is to ask if my targeting setup is sufficient. I basically have a macro for setting focus with mouse over taking precedence over who I'm targeting. So if I have someone targetted but not mouseovered anyone else it will focus them.

I have all offensive abilities set to cast on focus when modified with control and I also have mouseover fear, cot, banish and dc. I use the same spell lock macro as you.

Do you think I'd benefit by switching to arena123 targeting with all of this already in place?

Sorry for the wall of text but seriously, thanks in advance.