+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    0
    Brutain is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Meekish View Post
    IThis isn't 100% fullproof, but you'll take them 70%-80% of the time, and enjoy those fights.
    I might be forgetting some things so feel free to correct or add on to this.
    What you have forgetting to mention is that you are talking out of you ass. There are a lot of bad mages out there, so yah you can beat those.


    As far as beating mages in BGs. that is fairly ez. For one bgs have a bad plays. You can catch mages of guard and with insufficient cool downs. If things are going bad, just vanish and live to fight another day.
    Last edited by Brutain; 02-16-2011 at 08:00 AM.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Meekish is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutain View Post
    What you have forgetting to mention is that you are talking out of you ass. There are a lot of bad mages out there, so yah you can beat those.


    As far as beating mages in BGs. that is fairly ez. For one bgs have a bad plays. You can catch mages of guard and with insufficient cool downs. If things are going bad, just vanish and live to fight another day.
    No no no, I'm talking good mages. Ex-glads and current 2.2k+ mages and I'm only including 2.2k since some mages haven't actually gotten around to getting passed the 2.2k rating because of raiding, rated bgs, and idk any distraction . I didn't include a couple things like predicting a blink and reading their positioning. My old main was a mage so I understand what I was annoyed with and that would annoy mages. Ask some good mages if they ever have rogues beat them and they will say there is a few, but only a few. Watch those few. Trying to help, not hurt. Gl out there.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    0
    Brutain is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Meekish View Post
    No no no, I'm talking good mages. Ex-glads and current 2.2k+ mages and I'm only including 2.2k since some mages haven't actually gotten around to getting passed the 2.2k rating because of raiding, rated bgs, and idk any distraction
    I have seen CURRENT glad mages beat glad rogues 1v1 in duels without even summoning his pet.

  4. #14
    The obvious answer to this is:

    I don't. I just team up and run a 2v2 team with them instead.
    =P

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Meekish is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutain View Post
    I have seen CURRENT glad mages beat glad rogues 1v1 in duels without even summoning his pet.
    Not trying to continue the argument so I guess I'll have to agree to disagree. I'm personally not the best rogue or even close to it, but maybe Shadowburn/Ruin (have a couple servers) mages aren't as good as whatever battlegroup you're on.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    0
    Brutain is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Meekish View Post
    Not trying to continue the argument so I guess I'll have to agree to disagree. I'm personally not the best rogue or even close to it, but maybe Shadowburn/Ruin (have a couple servers) mages aren't as good as whatever battlegroup you're on.
    I play on bg9.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Groton, CT
    Posts
    510
    Rep Power
    12
    Procedural is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutain View Post
    I play on bg9.
    The question in the title of this thread was "Frost mages. What do you do to dominate them?" Do you troll forums, call people bad, and play the BG superiority game to beat mages? If that's the case, I'll go ahead and transfer to BG9 so I can start beating more frost mages.

    Thanks for the input, Meek.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    0
    Brutain is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Procedural View Post
    The question in the title of this thread was "Frost mages. What do you do to dominate them?" Do you troll forums, call people bad, and play the BG superiority game to beat mages? If that's the case, I'll go ahead and transfer to BG9 so I can start beating more frost mages.

    Thanks for the input, Meek.
    Meek was trolling you buddy, talking nonsense that doesn't work pretending to be good. Get back to reality, you aren't going to dominate good frost mages 1v1.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    11
    Jassu is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutain View Post
    Meek was trolling you buddy, talking nonsense that doesn't work pretending to be good. Get back to reality, you aren't going to dominate good frost mages 1v1.
    He never said anything about dominating, dude. He was just giving out advice on how to more effectively take them 1-on-1. Looking through what he said, he gave out some pretty good advice, especially about focus kicking the pet when possible to prevent a Freeze to prevent a Deep.

    Funny thing is, while you claim Meek is trolling, one of your threads has already been deleted for trolling of your own, so you've already got a history behind you. As for anything you've offered in this thread, all I'm seeing is anecdotal evidence and baseless claims, which really equate into nothing. I think you should refrain from posting altogether. You seem to be causing more harm than good.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    0
    Brutain is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Jassu View Post
    He never said anything about dominating, dude. He was just giving out advice on how to more effectively take them 1-on-1. Looking through what he said, he gave out some pretty good advice, especially about focus kicking the pet when possible to prevent a Freeze to prevent a Deep.

    Funny thing is, while you claim Meek is trolling, one of your threads has already been deleted for trolling of your own, so you've already got a history behind you. As for anything you've offered in this thread, all I'm seeing is anecdotal evidence and baseless claims, which really equate into nothing. I think you should refrain from posting altogether. You seem to be causing more harm than good.
    Not true. Nice, you focus kick a pet.. have fun getting sheeped and crapped on afterward. You need to have to your kick for the mage. Don't listen to that nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts