+ Reply to Thread

AKeskinen is on a distinguished road

UA & HPally vs. UA & RDruid - How viable is it to kill the pet?

Hello,

Just faced a UA & RDruid comp with my HPally friend. The game went on for full 45 minutes with neither side really gaining an advantage. However, towards the end of the game I started puzzling about actually dotting the warlock and his pet fully, then simply Fearing the druid to kill the pet.

Now, I know that if the warlock might have Demonic Rebirth, he can get a new pet for free. And if he uses Soul Shards, he can get at least 3 more. But, once those 5+ pets are killed in continuous successive Fear-chains on the druid, what can the warlock do in defense? He needs to hard-summon a new one in order to gain the damage reduction and spell lock.

After all, I think we all agree that a warlock without his pet is quite susceptible to getting killed. Would this approach thus work in order to gain an advantage in this game?

jsethrea is an unknown quantity at this point
    in wrath when we didnt have shards most locks played extreamly defensive when fel dom was on CD and people were going to kill it in these matches. i believe the same would happen as the lock ran low on shards in this comp(that's what i would do anyways) and theres also the demonic rebirth that acts like feldom did. its definitly a viable strat if the match isn't going anywhere imo. but, your looking at a long match, even longer now that drain mana is going.

shibbypwn is on a distinguished road
    this is also assuming he's not able to get a soul harvest off- if he's able to get out of combat even for a few seconds, that's another pet...or 3