+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 51 First 40 48 49 50 51 Last

nobletruth is on a distinguished road
    How much resil you think i should get i have 4.4k but people say its to low how much do you think i should have?

wizzdom is on a distinguished road
    Question to anyone really...

A priest im playing 2s with has mana issues (hes disc)...i realise that disc mana is pretty average atm, however does anyone have any tips to help conserve mana? even when they are bursting me down (im a ret...yes a lol comp)..

Preferably keep answers to priest side of things, and not ret orientated. thx

Krill is on a distinguished road
    Craze, I'm running Disc-Enhance-Rogue and we're having really trouble with TSG and other double melee comps and despite having watched nearly ever disc priest video on skill-capped, it hasn't really helped me very much. They either open on me or switch to me to get their kill almost every time. I switch between a 4.4k and 4.8k resil setup (with or without battlemaster, I replace windward heart with battlemaster about 50% of the time) and I'm still managing to get tunneled real hard as soon as they connect on me. The fight usually never lasts longer than 3-4 minutes with someone dying on either side. I feel like resil caps so hard when you go above 4.5k that all the extra resil is relatively obsolete. Any ideas on how I can remedy their burst?
    Thanks much.

wiingss is on a distinguished road
    I had a question about tripple dps melee cleaves. We are at 2100 mmr and ran into multiple tripple dps teams. We are playing rogue enh disc and there arent many peels. i can only last so long and I was wondering how to survive for a kill.

salaniel is on a distinguished road
    Hey craze, I have a quick question on dispelling. I havent seen any videos by you on Rbgs, but I figured you'd have some advice anyway. On a MMR of a little below 2k our RBG team has had huge problems facing dot-cleave lineups. Our healer line-up is Disc, resto shaman & Hpala. We also have 1 mage and 2 druids (balance & feral). The question is when we r facing a lineup with 2 balance druides, 1 fire mage & a dot-lock (or a similar line-up), we basically have the priest try to dispel as many of the dots on our team as possible, with the shaman and pala dispelling the ua debuff. The classes which have a curse dispel tend to try to take care of those. What happens usually though is that our shaman gets a ua debuff from dispelling a curse on a target that the priest has not managed to get yet, and often the priest has the debuff at the same time. As a result we fall behind on healing unless our pala doesnt get rid of those debuffs straight away. While my thought, (as the priest) is to have the priest dispel all the magic, and the dps to dispel the curses, so our shaman can heal freely, the rest of my team are undecided. Often these dot lineups can not be healed up without dispelling so that is not an option. What would your solution on dispelling in an rbg be?. Also one more question, if I use inner focus and mass dispel say 4 UA s will the dmg i recieve stack? i havent had time to test it yet.
    Just some more info on our team so you could give ur opinion. FC is a warrior. Hpala, resto shaman disc as heals. Frostmage, moonkin, feral, rogue, lock & mm hunter as dds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we cannot find a solution amongst us without the opinion of a more experienced player =). Unfortunately we are on a pve server =(, theres noone to ask.

Stiffy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzdom View Post
    Question to anyone really...

A priest im playing 2s with has mana issues (hes disc)...i realise that disc mana is pretty average atm, however does anyone have any tips to help conserve mana? even when they are bursting me down (im a ret...yes a lol comp)..

Preferably keep answers to priest side of things, and not ret orientated. thx
    is he over healing himself? if there is a lot of burst on you, there is no need to constantly heal himself as well, not really sure of your rating but just have him stay near you for PoM bounces and use PWs on you only and that will save alot of mana. Also for me, im fairly new to 1800+ a big change was making sure to not chase situations, play defensively and some dispels can be more mana efficient to heal through at times. However some dots can be very bad to ignore, fire mages for example can destroy if you dont take the time to dispel, also what kind of gear does he have and does he have access to a regen trinket whether its darkmoon card tsunami or heart of unliving. Be smart as well he may be struggling in mana if you dont take the time to peel or pillar hump if hes cc'd. catching up on heals can drain you fairly fast. another thing is attempting to dps as disc if its not called for, or can be easily negated or dispelled. don't allow him to get sucked into spamming offensive spells because there is no pressure for 2-3 secs.

Not sure if it helps or its correct, but that helped me alot in breaking the 1700 barrier i was stuck at for a while.

Roostur is on a distinguished road
    Hey craze im playing PMR whats a good dps rotatioon to follow in assisting your teammates with the killl.

I normally get my 2 dots up ,Holy Fire,Mind Blast ,Death,Death. is this right or should i be mind spiking/mind blasting?

Kormaz is on a distinguished road
    Hi Craze,

I'm a disc playing disc/rogue in 2v2 and we are having trouble getting past 1500 rating. In saying that we're still gearing up and are mostly ruthless and most of the teams are full cata at that rating, we started late in the season. I am having real trouble with DKs, they just stack necrotic strike on me and I'm not able to survive long enough to fake their interrupts and inner focus -> flash heal to get myself out of trouble. Any melee cleave is hard but I find I am usually able to blow enough cooldowns at the start to give my rogue time to get a kill, the main issue is vs a DK/healer team (mainly resto shamans). We don't want to let the shaman have an easy time but also, it's impossible to get any mana burns/MCs off due to purge, grounding totem and all the DK interrupt abilities. We find that I can only survive for so long and then the DK kills me. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Enro is on a distinguished road
    Greetings Craze,
    I am unsure, if this topic has previously been raised, but I could not find the discussion. I would like to get your opinion on the viability of Holy in MOP. It was only a couple of seasons ago that their utility was fantastic in rbgs and the feral/holy priest arena was high up on the arena ladder. Those days are long gone and trying to get into groups higher than 1600+ is impossible. Forcing many who loved holy to play disc. The spec has been labelled a leper and disc is the only way in pvp atm. I am interested to see if they could come back in mop. Just one example I have found is the glyph of lightspring, which could be a game saver in rbgs. I wont waste anymore of your time and look forward in hearing the feed back.
    Enro - Holy Priest wrapped in Disc clothing.
    Last edited by Enro; 07-15-2012 at 02:12 AM.

illuminatieq is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kormaz View Post
    Hi Craze,

I'm a disc playing disc/rogue in 2v2 and we are having trouble getting past 1500 rating. In saying that we're still gearing up and are mostly ruthless and most of the teams are full cata at that rating, we started late in the season. I am having real trouble with DKs, they just stack necrotic strike on me and I'm not able to survive long enough to fake their interrupts and inner focus -> flash heal to get myself out of trouble. Any melee cleave is hard but I find I am usually able to blow enough cooldowns at the start to give my rogue time to get a kill, the main issue is vs a DK/healer team (mainly resto shamans). We don't want to let the shaman have an easy time but also, it's impossible to get any mana burns/MCs off due to purge, grounding totem and all the DK interrupt abilities. We find that I can only survive for so long and then the DK kills me. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Hey there,

Im not a Gladiator or anything - although I think I can get a Gladiator title in the next season or two.

So, DKs are going to be the biggest nightmare for you of all the classes you'll face. Everything about the class counters yours. The basic idea that you have to remember is that a 2v2 match involves two people, so when the DK pops Unh Frenzy and drops his Garg - you *need* to call for a peel. Ask your Rogue to come help, he can Gouge or full Blind the other healer/dps and then switch on the DK to help you. Have your Rogue call his Kidneys and check for his Garrote silences - basically get a shield on yourself and then Shackle the Garg. Shackling the Garg is a huge part of surviving that I just don't see a lot of people doing correctly, or bothering to do at all - and it makes a *huge* difference in damage output. Basically, the Garg does most of the damage during the DKs burst and he just stacks nectrotics to put you behind. Your strat should be for your Rogue to tunnel the opposing healer until you need a peel, then he does a quick 20-30s switch back to DK to keep you up and then switches back to the other healer.

Also against DKs, you can't really afford to trinket anything but Strang, so keep that in mind and be aware of how long until Strang is back up.

Against DK/Resto shaman - nothing really changes for you strat wise. You just lose the ability to win on Mana. You can't really squeeze too many Mana burns through Grounding, Sheer, MF and Ghoul Stuns - and when you DO get a full fear up and the Shaman doesnt have Tremor or Trinket and the DK doesnt have Trinket or Lichborn, you're better off dispelling Shaman to create more pressure. Eventually your Rogue will get the Shaman in a spot without Trinket or Tremor, and the DK will eat a full Blind/Fear/Sap while you burst the Shaman together and hopefully kill him. Its important to keep the DK feared during the kill so Link can't go out and reset the match. Its probably your hardest counter, so don't be frustrated and keep practicing!

In case you want to watch any footage, my Youtube page is in my Sig and I have around 100 videos of 2v2 matches on there, most around 2k-2100 MMR against decent teams. Feel free to peruse it, its a Disc Priest perspective running Disc/Rogue - I'll be happy to answer any questions you have on my page.

Good luck! Have fun!