+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 Last
Results 1 to 10 of 508
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    9
    Craze is an unknown quantity at this point

    The 'Ask Craze' Thread!

    In the trend of the other contributors on this website, I feel it's time for an ask Craze thread!

    Here you can ask me questions on anything you like that is Discipline related. I'll be sure to answer your questions as soon as possible, a question is never too basic or complicated either!

    When asking questions make sure they're in-depth so I have all the information at hand to answer to the best of my ability (e.g if you're asking about your gear set-up then link me your armory).

    Videos which may help you with your problems:

    Tournament Realm - Gearing your priest can be found here
    Positioning Guide Part 1 - Cleaves here
    Class Guide to Dispelling Part 1 can be found here
    Class Guide to Dispelling Part 2 can be found here
    Defensive Cooldown Management can be found here
    Offensive Cooldown Management can be found here
    RMP Overview can be found here

    Articles which may help you with your problems:

    Talents and Glyphs can be found here
    Disc Stats, Gemming and Reforging can be found here
    Discipline Priest Abilities can be found here
    Craze's UI as a healer can be found here


    Also be sure to check out the priest class guide regularly, as there's always new stuff being added to it from all of our contributors.

    Thanks,

    Craze
    Last edited by Craze; 05-23-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    Craze 1 - http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=149423

    Craze 2 - http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=154259

    Giving private lessons, add me on Skype for more information " craze- ".

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    smune
    I recently started playing Disc after the patch, and had some questions about survivability and mana effeciency.

    Can you go through a rotation of what you do to keep yourself up? Open with Penance to stack grace and then start cycling shield,pom,renew? I think most of my mana issue is from casting Flash Heal too much, do you cast Flash often? I'm trying to refine my playstyle to spend less mana.

    What spells do you use to go offensive? Dots, Mind Spike, Smite?

    Inner Fire or Inner Focus? Glyph of Inner Fire viable? I was interested in trying the new 4 pc snare immune along with Inner Will's speed bonus as an escape tool. What do you use?

    Thoughts on Mana Burn? I was playing with it last night during Rated BGs and it seemed extremely effective (especially since items are bugged right now, can't drink in Rated BGs..). I understand it's very situational, but is this something to prioritize? From what I noticed, it seemed like I was trading 2% of my mana for 10% of theirs.

    Gearwise, do you have any recommendations by looking at my armory? 20resil/30stam gems I'm not sure if that's the way to go, I thought it synergized well with my mining +stam bonus. I'm trying for 20int/20resi gems in all yellow/red slots, is this ideal? Or should I go for straight 40 resilience? Is 120 spell penetration sufficient? Also, I was able to get 4.01% hit, as I understand 4% is all I need correct?

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uneva/advanced

    Thanks Craze

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    LeogerM
    Hey Craze,

    Wanted to hear some of your thoughts on dispelling druid hots offensively as a disc priest in arenas. It seems that every time lifebloom is dispelled it heals the target for a good amount; is it worth doing or is it better to help my partner by straight dpsing?

    Also, I've been dabbling with running 2s with a fury warrior; I'm guessing the synergy between the 2 classes is probably pretty tough to harness, but I wanted to know if you had thoughts on the viability/strategies of this comp.

    Last but not least, I'd like to hear your perspective on what 3v3 comps disc priests would love to run with this new patch.

    Thanks!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    9
    Craze is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by smune View Post
    I recently started playing Disc after the patch, and had some questions about survivability and mana effeciency.

    Can you go through a rotation of what you do to keep yourself up? Open with Penance to stack grace and then start cycling shield,pom,renew? I think most of my mana issue is from casting Flash Heal too much, do you cast Flash often? I'm trying to refine my playstyle to spend less mana.

    What spells do you use to go offensive? Dots, Mind Spike, Smite?

    Inner Fire or Inner Focus? Glyph of Inner Fire viable? I was interested in trying the new 4 pc snare immune along with Inner Will's speed bonus as an escape tool. What do you use?

    Thoughts on Mana Burn? I was playing with it last night during Rated BGs and it seemed extremely effective (especially since items are bugged right now, can't drink in Rated BGs..). I understand it's very situational, but is this something to prioritize? From what I noticed, it seemed like I was trading 2% of my mana for 10% of theirs.

    Gearwise, do you have any recommendations by looking at my armory? 20resil/30stam gems I'm not sure if that's the way to go, I thought it synergized well with my mining +stam bonus. I'm trying for 20int/20resi gems in all yellow/red slots, is this ideal? Or should I go for straight 40 resilience? Is 120 spell penetration sufficient? Also, I was able to get 4.01% hit, as I understand 4% is all I need correct?

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uneva/advanced

    Thanks Craze
    Hey,

    Healing rotation, well it's fairly situational. But of course the general order you go with is indeed Shield, PoM, Renew, Penance. You're completely right for preemptively stacking grace onto yourself too, as for flash healing too much - there's often cases where it's okay to let yourself get a little low so judge the situation carefully; if it's important you do a few flashes then do it but do it with an Inner-Focus. If it's not so important, chill and let your renew tick and penance come off CD for efficiency.

    Offensive spell usage; mind-spike is inevitably better than smite, so always use that for pure damage. If you're not able to cast then settle for just dotting the nuke target when your team is on the offensive, if not then use mind-spike x2/x3 followed by mind blast.

    Inner-fire/Inner-will: Honestly I'm always sitting on inner-fire, in my opinion it's inevitably better than will. The extra spell power is pretty unmissable, the armor buff it offers is also pretty nice.

    Mana Burn: This is exceptionally effective in rated battlegrounds for sure and should definitely be taken advantage of. Yes it is situational, but when you're able to do it in rated bgs during flag wars (when both teams are camping flags in their respective rooms, or you're camping waterworks at gilneas at start) then yes it becomes very effective. If you run one of their healers oom and don't kill them, you're effectively raising the numbers on your team and giving you a huge advantage.

    In arena it's still good tbh, despite the long cast-time. I think burn is in a good spot right now, it's probably not too amazing in 3s unless you're playing a double healer though (but it's pretty much been like that since forever). In 2v2 it's definitely worth using.

    Gear: The most alarming thing is you're not using the new four-piece bonus with 4.0.6 where you get a temporary freedom every-time you shield yourself. You should go 4/5 moon cloth, having all of that resilience is over-kill and you'll be able to avoid a lot of damage with the new set bonus. I believe the best setup with that to go is satin's helm with mooncloth on the rest of your stuff (not 100% on that though, I'm using engineering goggles).

    Don't bother with stamina gems, go for Int > Spirit > Haste/Crit, you can do this with Brilliant Inferno (40 int) Ruby and Purified Demonseye (20 int 20 spirit). Your red should be the brill inferno (or the latter) and your yellows should consist mostly of Mystic Amberjewel (40 resil).

    Edit: I finished my article yesterday on gemming/stats/reforging, it is ready to go and in the review stages; just need the admin to hit enter and it'll be on the main site.

    Hope this helped,

    Craze
    Last edited by Craze; 02-11-2011 at 05:52 AM.
    Craze 1 - http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=149423

    Craze 2 - http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=154259

    Giving private lessons, add me on Skype for more information " craze- ".

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0
    Sheepshanker
    Do you really think a bunch of resil is overkill? I've been hearing that it is the best stat for all classes period.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    9
    Craze is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by LeogerM View Post
    Hey Craze,

    Wanted to hear some of your thoughts on dispelling druid hots offensively as a disc priest in arenas. It seems that every time lifebloom is dispelled it heals the target for a good amount; is it worth doing or is it better to help my partner by straight dpsing?

    Also, I've been dabbling with running 2s with a fury warrior; I'm guessing the synergy between the 2 classes is probably pretty tough to harness, but I wanted to know if you had thoughts on the viability/strategies of this comp.

    Last but not least, I'd like to hear your perspective on what 3v3 comps disc priests would love to run with this new patch.

    Thanks!
    Hey,

    If the druid is entering a chain of CC then it's a good idea to dispel his blooms before you start the nuke on him (this way, they won't bloom after you damage his teammate or him while the druid is still stunned/cc'd, effectively doing a huge amount of healing for the druid while he's cc'd). So if you dispel them as/just before the druid gets cc'd/stunned, there's nothing to heal him or his teammate within this duration. After that, you want to be looking to dispel rejuv only. You'll find they'll try to cast rejuv about twice in a row if you're dispelling before they start spamming blooms for you to dispel, don't purge them once they start rolling the blooms.

    For warrior priest in twos, it's either going to go two ways. It'll either be a mana game, or you killing something during a fear (vs healer/dps comps this is). Which one of these you go for depends on what the comp you're meeting. But ask yourself 'can we kill the dps / healer during a cc rotation? can we oom them?' the more probable answer will determine what action you are to take. You'll generally be wanting to burst stuff down during throw-down, assisting damage with your warrior. Fear / Throwdown are the two kill tools you'll be looking to coordinate. As for viability, yes it is indeed viable; but to a limit, I'd generally only expect to see this comp at a maximum of 2300.

    For upcoming comps to priest, I think Ret/Hunter/Priest, RMP, Boring Cleave are the most obvious ones. For other possible comps, well I guess we'll wait to find out!

    Hope this helped,

    Craze
    Craze 1 - http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=149423

    Craze 2 - http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=154259

    Giving private lessons, add me on Skype for more information " craze- ".

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    9
    Craze is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepshanker View Post
    Do you really think a bunch of resil is overkill? I've been hearing that it is the best stat for all classes period.
    It scales better than anything yes, but as disc is at the moment we already have a passive 20% damage reduction due to focused will. Resilience is the most important and the best stat in the game, but that doesn't mean you should ignore the 4 set bonus and intellect for it for example. You need a healthy balance of everything, going full out on resilience and gimping your other stats needlessly is overkill.
    Craze 1 - http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=149423

    Craze 2 - http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=154259

    Giving private lessons, add me on Skype for more information " craze- ".

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    0
    sbboch
    Is the Tsunami trinket worth the 20k most people charge for it?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ft. Bragg, NC
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0
    Tokikonae is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Craze View Post
    Hey,
    Inner-fire/Inner-will: Honestly I'm always sitting on inner-fire, in my opinion it's inevitably better than will. The extra spell power is pretty unmissable, the armor buff it offers is also pretty nice.
    Craze
    We all know if a melee class sees you with Inner Will up instead of Inner Fire, they are gonna prance all over your face and then /lol when they're done.

    Here is my question:

    HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT RMP BABY!?

    (If your answer is anything other than "BOOM BIATCH" then I am done talking to you.)

    <3
    Last edited by Tokikonae; 02-11-2011 at 12:19 PM.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0
    warfaRe
    Which trinket is best as disciplin in 3v3 when playing:
    - rmp
    - disc/hpally/frostdk
    as a worgen priest

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts