+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 Last

KNR is on a distinguished road

@ Filo, Shadowcleave questions

I've honestly searched the forums and every shadowcleave post has 0 posts from contributors. I understand you run this comp and would like your input on a general approach to matches since I'm quite new to it. I was running WLD and our Warrior re-rolled after the patch so we're going to pick up a DK.

I understand the "spread liquid turds" approach

1) Is there much emphasis on switching or do we need to train a target to the ground?

2) Should our kill target be a healer most of the time or do you suggest a certain dps (list of your favorite kill targets would be awesome)?

3) In a situation where our DK needs peels and our Druid is cc'd or just can't heal through the damage, how do you deal with melee cleaves such as TSG, or other Warrior/DK variants, that seem very hard to peel for a Lock(Fear immunities, etc.)?

4) How much does it matter if our DK is Frost or UH? They seem to be very close since the patch with Frost having more burst and UH having more control. I tend to like the burst better with my dots on multiple targets but idk...

It won't hurt my feelings if you add any other thoughts as well. I appreciate any, and all, knowledge you can drop on me.

Thanks!

Filovirus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by KNR View Post
    I've honestly searched the forums and every shadowcleave post has 0 posts from contributors. I understand you run this comp and would like your input on a general approach to matches since I'm quite new to it. I was running WLD and our Warrior re-rolled after the patch so we're going to pick up a DK.

I understand the "spread liquid turds" approach

1) Is there much emphasis on switching or do we need to train a target to the ground?

2) Should our kill target be a healer most of the time or do you suggest a certain dps (list of your favorite kill targets would be awesome)?

3) In a situation where our DK needs peels and our Druid is cc'd or just can't heal through the damage, how do you deal with melee cleaves such as TSG, or other Warrior/DK variants, that seem very hard to peel for a Lock(Fear immunities, etc.)?

4) How much does it matter if our DK is Frost or UH? They seem to be very close since the patch with Frost having more burst and UH having more control. I tend to like the burst better with my dots on multiple targets but idk...

It won't hurt my feelings if you add any other thoughts as well. I appreciate any, and all, knowledge you can drop on me.

Thanks!
    1. Swap between DPS a LOT.
    2. We almost never go for kills on healer. CC Chain healer during kill attempts and swap high damage between DPS classes/pets.
    3. DKs have an unbelievable amount of cooldowns to keep themselves alive. If a melee cleave is training your DK he HAS to be in Blood Presence and using CDs according to your healer's situation. Your DK and healer need to have communication or else you will lose a ton of games to cooldown errors.
    4. DK needs to be Unholy, Frost is nowhere near as good for Shadowcleave or just about any other DK comp.
    Private Lessons Available!
    Skype Contact Info: virusl0l (with a zero)

So definitely keep full dots between the 2 dps/pets. Should I leave dots off of the healer to get as much out of fears as possible or keep them dotted to for the extra pressure? I would assume the latter but just want to make sure. Thanks for the replies.

torros
    I dunno about filo but I always like to throw an unstable -> cot onto a healer every time I get the chance. I guess if he can't dispel at all or you just want to cost him a gcd you can cot him but the UA damage by itself will rarely break a fear.

Quote Originally Posted by KNR View Post
    So definitely keep full dots between the 2 dps/pets. Should I leave dots off of the healer to get as much out of fears as possible or keep them dotted to for the extra pressure? I would assume the latter but just want to make sure. Thanks for the replies.
    Dot healer occasionally, but usually try to CC chain him.

Quote Originally Posted by torros View Post
    I dunno about filo but I always like to throw an unstable -> cot onto a healer every time I get the chance. I guess if he can't dispel at all or you just want to cost him a gcd you can cot him but the UA damage by itself will rarely break a fear.
    Well yeah, roll focus tongues on the healer that's a given, don't really need UA though unless he has a partner that can dispel him.

That's what I was thinking. With the reduced time on fear, I usually only get about 3-4 seconds with a non-dr fear on a dotted target so I figured it would be more beneficial to try and prevent that break. I usually put tongues on all casters anyway so that wouldn't be too much of an issue. One more and I'll leave you alone. I rarely used elements when we were playing WLD. Mostly CoEx and Weakness on melee and Tongues on casters. Would we gain greater benefit using elements with the DK or should I just keep doing what I'm doing? Thanks!

syntox is on a distinguished road
    What exactly does this comp consist of exactly ?

EDIT: were did the sticky comp listings go ?

Shadowcleave is Warlock/DK/healer. In our case the healer is a druid, which seems to be the best choice currently.

I couldn't find a single DK... There's too many pve heroes on my server so it's hell to find anyone decent. I did find a Mage that I know is good though. How do you feel about MLD? It seems to have a ton of control available.
    Last edited by KNR; 02-15-2011 at 04:36 PM.