+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Filovirus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by KNR View Post
    I couldn't find a single DK... There's too many pve heroes on my server so it's hell to find anyone decent. I did find a Mage that I know is good though. How do you feel about MLD? It seems to have a ton of control available.
    MLD still works very well, but requires a lot more communication than Shadowcleave at entry-level ratings.
    Private Lessons Available!
    Skype Contact Info: virusl0l (with a zero)

KNR is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for your input Filo. At least I have options and if I do find a DK, I'll have something to reference quickly.

gymratmat
    I understand the "spread liquid turds" approach
    Could someone clarify what this means? That would be great! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gymratmat View Post
    Could someone clarify what this means? That would be great! Thanks.
    I would assume Soul Swap

gymratmat
    That's it? Lol, why not just say that then. Thanks Filo.

Quote Originally Posted by gymratmat View Post
    That's it? Lol, why not just say that then. Thanks Filo.
    I said it just being goofy. It adds a little "spice" to the conversation. Spread aids, liquid turds, sling snot, etc. I've heard quite a few creative things about soulswap and fel flame animations. I'm sorry to have confused you...

Okay Filo, we found a DK last night. We did pretty well but I have more questions for you if that's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Filovirus View Post
    Swap between DPS a LOT.
    You placed a lot of importance on switching dps. Under what circumstances do you decide to make a switch? Are you just sticking on one until you get defensive cd's and then switching or do you have some other strat you're working on with switches?

Quote Originally Posted by Filovirus View Post
    We almost never go for kills on healer. CC Chain healer during kill attempts and swap high damage between DPS classes/pets.
    The DK we picked up really likes to focus healers and feels he just dominates them. We did have pretty good success doing this but you like dps better. Can you tell me why you feel being on dps is a better choice? I'd like to give that info to them if we're making a bad choice.

We had problems with Frost/S/healer teams. Biggest problems were the one's with R They have a shit ton of damage, good cc, and a lot of interrupts. I really can't figure out what the hell I need to be spell locking. Damage, CC, or what? Do you have a strat in mind for this comp?
    // wow, we couldn't figure this one out at all. Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for you input!

Okay Filo, we found a DK last night. We did pretty well but I have more questions for you if that's okay.

You placed a lot of importance on switching dps. Under what circumstances do you decide to make a switch? Are you just sticking on one until you get defensive cd's and then switching or do you have some other strat you're working on with switches?

The DK we picked up really likes to focus healers and feels he just dominates them. We did have pretty good success doing this but you like dps better. Can you tell me why you feel being on dps is a better choice? I'd like to give that info to them if we're making a bad choice.

We had problems with Frost/S/healer teams. Biggest problems were the one's with R They have a shit ton of damage, good cc, and a lot of interrupts. I really can't figure out what the hell I need to be spell locking. Damage, CC, or what? Do you have a strat in mind for this comp?
    // wow, we couldn't figure this one out at all. Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for you input!
    Swapping a lot between DPS shuts down the other team's damage and maintains high pressure. Basically my DK will hit our target until it gets away, and we will then instantly swap to the nearest target. Additionally, if I can drop something low with dots, I will call a swap based on that.

Mage/Spriest/X is a hard counter to Paladin Shadowcleave, and should honestly never lose to you. You have to focus really really hard on shutting down both DPS during their burst attempts (sometimes a spell lock and a soulburn:felhunter for another spell lock is necessary to peel). The biggest thing to pay attention to is the Shadowpriest's fears. DO NOT let him get fears on your paladin if you can avoid it. Also, use interrupts on the mage's arcane tree so he can't poly your paladin.

PHD is an easy team, just roll full dots on hunter/hunter pet/dk/dk pet with fears on the Paladin. Freedom kite as much as you can.

Thanks, this will definitely help. But we have the Druid version, sorry, I should have reiterated that. He tries to shift before he gets a poly off but with focus targeting it's really hard to tell who he's after. Should I try to lock it regardless? Do you have any other suggestions against these teams with the druid version shadowcleave?
    Last edited by KNR; 02-18-2011 at 08:26 PM.

jives
    What about scleave vs. pretty much any rogue teams (RMP/RPS/RLS mainly). It feels like with all a rogue's CDs/selfheals trying to do anything to them other than CC them is a waste of time. The amount of pressure they put out on both me and our DK also seems to be much higher then what we can do ourselves. RLS is probably the easiest of them because we can make swaps to the shammy when he's in a bad spot and normally land a kill, but still feels like an uphill fight.
    (edit to mention that the most common team we run into right now is RMP)